Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · PS CS5 and LR 3 with OSX Mountain Lion

andylaiphoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PS CS5 and LR 3 with OSX Mountain Lion

I'm about to upgrade to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard but wanted to see if any of you have run into issues with the mentioned version of Adobe software and the new OS. I usually wait a while for them all to work out any kinks. I figured now would be alright to make the move.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 15, 2012 at 04:37 AM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PS CS5 and LR 3 with OSX Mountain Lion

Over at the Adobe forums, the consensus seems to be no real trouble per se with Mountain Lion and versions of Photoshop (CS4) even older than 5 - it's the plug-ins (including some of the older Adobe plugins) you have to worry about.

Besides looking to the websites, you could do a preliminary scan for old PC code: go to the Apple Menu, click on 'About this Mac', and then hit the 'More Info' button. From there click on 'Applications' and look in the right-hand 'Kind' column for anything that shows 'PowerPC' rather than 'Intel' or 'Universal'. PowerPC code won't work in 10.8 - any Power PC apps or plugins will have to be updated. One casualty is the old Photoshop plugin, 'Contact Sheet'. It's PowerPC, and If you've been dragging it forward into newer versions of Photoshop, its career comes to an end with Mountain Lion.

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PS CS5 and LR 3 with OSX Mountain Lion

I am using CS6 & Mountain Lion - 10.8, 10.8.1, 10.8.2 with no issues

Sep 20, 2012 at 03:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · PS CS5 and LR 3 with OSX Mountain Lion

Have no Idea, but CS6 and Lightroom 4.1 work fine. Snow Leopard can a machine that old even run Mountian Lion

Just Kidding

Sep 20, 2012 at 04:36 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · PS CS5 and LR 3 with OSX Mountain Lion

I use Aperture rather than lightroom but have CS5. No problems at all. I have mainly Nik, On One and Topaz. I have not had any issues with any of these. You do need to check for updates.

Sep 20, 2012 at 08:08 PM
TimMunsey
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · PS CS5 and LR 3 with OSX Mountain Lion

Problems with CS5 bridge on mountain lion, mac pro 2009. Fixed the permissions but still not 100% stable when opening. Everything else is fine, a little more speedy and love the gestures.

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password