Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

Samyang 10mm f/2.8 ED AS UMC
The Samyang 10mm 1:2.8 ED AS UMC CS is a prototype of the ultra wide-angle prime lens designed for use with cameras fitted with APS-C/DX sensors. Its extremely short focus length and rectilinear imaging system ensure extra wide angle of view amounting to 110 degrees (~107 degree for Canon version).

As a result the lens is a comprehensive tool for architecture and landscape shooting. New Samyang 10mm 1:2.8 ED AS UMC CS is similar to the 35mm system lens with 15mm or 16mm focal length in the case of Canon APS-C cameras.

All details concerning the optical construction of the lens and available mounts will be published at a later date. The lens will be introduced for sale either at the end of 2012 or in the first days of 2013.

Edited on Sep 14, 2012 at 07:41 PM

Sep 14, 2012 at 04:24 PM
jerbear00
• • •
p.1 #2 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

That sounds pretty cool. If I shot APS-C much anymore for anthing other than action I would be interested.

Sep 14, 2012 at 04:40 PM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #3 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

I hope Samyang develops some type of 12mm rectilinear lens for FF one day... If Sigma can reach that in a zoom lens, I think somebody can do it with a prime! It does not need to be f/2.8 either. I would just love a 12mm rectilinear

Sep 14, 2012 at 04:45 PM
edmyloo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

If the price is right, this will be a great lens for me to own. It looks like it doesn't take any filters though!

Sep 14, 2012 at 05:13 PM
BigPurpleOne
• •
p.1 #5 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

Very interesting .. wonder what the minimum focus distance will be .. Might be worth a go for in your face band work.

Sep 14, 2012 at 05:18 PM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

They have to get over this bulbous front element fad. Makes it bloody hard to mount a filter.

I am very much interested in this 10mm f/2.8 lens... provided it's $500 or cheaper.

Sep 14, 2012 at 05:37 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #7 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

The rear element doesn't look intruding. So, might this be useable on a full frame camera? I'm not saying it's a good idea, but probably useable.

Sep 14, 2012 at 05:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

Wahoowa wrote:
The rear element doesn't look intruding. So, might this be useable on a full frame camera? I'm not saying it's a good idea, but probably useable.

It's only canon with the EFs that have the intruding rear element (and even then some EFs won't foul the mirror at slightly less than full wide) . That's why with Nikon for instance you can mount a DX lens on aFX body.
All the 3rd party APS-c lenses are EF and will mount to a FF without issue . They would normally design the lens around the 1.5 crop of the Nikon/Pentax systems . And then change the mount/register distance for canon
. That's not to say that they ALL can fill the image circle though. If this 10mm is designed for crop sensors then you can bet it won't fill the image circle . Otherwise I'm sure samyang would have gone for FF compatibility.

Sep 14, 2012 at 06:09 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #9 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

samyang delivering the goods once again.

Id love it if they could do a fisheye for full frame next

Sep 14, 2012 at 06:18 PM
Derek Weston
• • •
p.1 #10 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

interesting. Depends on price point. Already have an excellent 11mm-16mm tokina 2.8 for around 600

Sep 14, 2012 at 07:52 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

n0b0 wrote:
They have to get over this bulbous front element fad. Makes it bloody hard to mount a filter.

I think its tricky to make a quality very wide lens without it. All those with seem a step up over flat element lenses.

I'd have been onto this in a shot for a crop camera.

Sep 14, 2012 at 09:22 PM
n0b0
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

RobDickinson wrote:
I think its tricky to make a quality very wide lens without it. All those with seem a step up over flat element lenses.

I'd have been onto this in a shot for a crop camera.

I'm not saying they have to be flat, but at least design the barrel around it better so I can mount a filter, like the EF-S 10-22mm lens.

Sep 15, 2012 at 01:01 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · Samyang to show a 10mm f/2.8 prototype at Photokina

I like the front element!

Sep 15, 2012 at 02:28 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password