New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Strobes with auto voltage? Moving to Italy

no_surrender
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Strobes with auto voltage? Moving to Italy

Just curious if anyone has used strobes in a country that typically runs 110V (USA) then relocated to say Europe where they use 220V? Did you have any problems? Some of the Elinchrom models have multi-voltage, but I think they require the lamps and fuses to be replaced.

I'm looking into moving from flash (Speedlites) to strobes, but don't want to purchase something that I won't be able to use in Europe (Italy) or in the US once I move back. I would like something that is compatible for both countries.

Thanks!

Kevin

Sep 14, 2012 at 02:38 AM
PeterBerressem
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Strobes with auto voltage? Moving to Italy

Correct, multivoltage is the way to go. Most need a different voltage model bulb (not a big deal) while the bulb of some don't need this. E.g. PaulCBuff's Einstein: http://www.paulcbuff.com/e640.php

Sep 14, 2012 at 06:09 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Strobes with auto voltage? Moving to Italy

While you're still in Korea, you might want to check out the Aurora Litebank line. You may be able to get a deal there.

The line runs from the Orion monolights of 200 & 400 Ws, up to 1200 Ws pack and head designs, and both digital and analog models.

The Orions, I know, are multivoltage, and I suspect the whole line is.

http://www.alb.co.kr/eng/product/new_productList.aspx?idx=25

Sep 14, 2012 at 02:40 PM
no_surrender
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Strobes with auto voltage? Moving to Italy

BrianO, thanks for the link. Never heard of them before. The site doesn't quote the price, but the PCB Einstein appears to be closer to what I'm looking for. No need to change lamp or fuse, the whole unit auto transfers voltage with no input from the user. Plus it offers a starting power range of less than 3 Ws where the Orion is 12 Ws. If I make it over their way though, I'll definitely have to check them out!

Kevin

Sep 14, 2012 at 08:01 PM
Deezie
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Strobes with auto voltage? Moving to Italy

Hensel offer dual voltage.

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.