Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11      
       end

Archive 2012 · D600 is out. how tempting.

surf monkey
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #1 · D600 is out. how tempting.

artsupreme wrote:
How do you consider praising the D600 sensor whining? People are stating the facts, not whining...if you consider it whining you are possibly getting too defensive of your Canon gear.

AGeoJO wrote:
True but praising Nikon gear on the Canon forum like there is no tomorrow? While trying to be open-minded but it is getting old fast, at least, IMHO. That's what I meant and there is a Nikon board for that. The ironic thing is there is less enthusiastic Nikon users about the D600. Only 7% wants to get it right away.

I tend to agree, I think I referred to this in an earlier post.
On the other hand, the OP was referring to Canon users who may be tempted to make the switch.

Sep 19, 2012 at 06:52 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.12 #2 · D600 is out. how tempting.

So the D600 has 33 out of 39 AF points that will allow AF at f/8; that's amazing IMO and it's sad to see now that Canon and Nikon have swapped positions on AF at f/8, not that Canon could offer us anything more than 1 point and then only on 1 series. All Nikon have to do is release a 100-400L killer and I'd be very tempted to try a D600/D800.

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM
arbitrage
• • • • •
p.12 #3 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Pixel Perfect wrote:
So the D600 has 33 out of 39 AF points that will allow AF at f/8; that's amazing IMO and it's sad to see now that Canon and Nikon have swapped positions on AF at f/8, not that Canon could offer us anything more than 1 point and then only on 1 series. All Nikon have to do is release a 100-400L killer and I'd be very tempted to try a D600/D800.

Actually it "only" has 7 points that can AF at f/8. Still very nice to have. The D4 and D800 have 11 points at f/8.

Sep 21, 2012 at 02:43 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.12 #4 · D600 is out. how tempting.

arbitrage wrote:
Actually it "only" has 7 points that can AF at f/8. Still very nice to have. The D4 and D800 have 11 points at f/8.

So the Nikon product manager at Photokina doesn't know his camera very well, as that's where I got the number

Sep 21, 2012 at 03:21 AM
mttran
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #5 · D600 is out. how tempting.

i am always wonder canon and nikon watchdog monitoring this and other websites...they should

Sep 21, 2012 at 03:35 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.12 #6 · D600 is out. how tempting.

I was impressed that this body have two memory card slots. Wish a few of Canons lower priced bodies also had that.

Sep 21, 2012 at 06:54 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.12 #7 · D600 is out. how tempting.

The D600 price is dropping already in the UK, down the 1620...

Sep 21, 2012 at 09:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

M.P.R.
• •
p.12 #8 · D600 is out. how tempting.

As a Canon shooter who has been steadily upgrading since the 20D, I'm disappointed Canon hasn't noticeably improved image quality on the 5DIII. So I will just stick with 5DII and 7D for now as they still fit my need. Despite feeling overdue for a image quality upgrade.

6D seems like a crippled 5DIII, so hard to believe image quality will be better. If so, there will be a lot of pissed off 5DIII owners out there. But I won't judge till I get to test one for myself. But really would like something with more dynamic range and resolution than the 5DII. 30ish would be nice, as taking a step backward wont cut it for landscape work.

Better auto-focus on the 5DIII is nice, but I use the full frame for landscape/portraits, and live view focus most of the time. Tested a friends 5DIII, side by side with my 5DII and saw zero image improvement. So 5DIII will be skipped by me, even at a $2500 price point.

I hope we get a better 5DII upgrade soon. (3D? 4D? 5Dx? 5Ds?) And not priced higher than the Nikons. If Canon doesn't get their act together, they may lose my business. As I have no brand loyalty, and will upgrade to the best (reasonably priced) tool of any brand.

Not interested at all in a huge heavy expensive 1Dx style camera. Will give Canon a little bit more time before I start testing my buddies Nikon gear, that I can see is getting very nice landscape photos. Been putting off testing the Nikon stuff as I don't want to sell off my Canon glass. But my patience isn't unlimited, and I love that new camera smell.

Hope they get it right with the 7D's replacement as well, as it could use larger cleaner files. In any case, love the competition as it makes both brands better.

Frank

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM
artsupreme
• • •
p.12 #9 · D600 is out. how tempting.

M.P.R. wrote:
As a Canon shooter who has been steadily upgrading since the 20D, I'm disappointed Canon hasn't noticeably improved image quality on the 5DIII. So I will just stick with 5DII and 7D for now as they still fit my need. Despite feeling overdue for a image quality upgrade.

6D seems like a crippled 5DIII, so hard to believe image quality will be better. If so, there will be a lot of pissed off 5DIII owners out there. But I won't judge till I get to test one for myself. But really would like something with more dynamic range and resolution
...Show more

Frank, I believe Canon is in big trouble in the sensor department - the 5DIII is proof. Why do you think they are finally delivering pro AF in the 5D line instead of crippling it again? Because it's all Canon has left to throw at us. We have yet to see any legitimate improvements in Canon sensor technology in several years. Even the 1DX sensor is pretty weak, especially for a 7K camera.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.12 #10 · D600 is out. how tempting.

But it doesn't take Canon lenses.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.12 #11 · D600 is out. how tempting.

artsupreme wrote:
Even the 1DX sensor is pretty weak, especially for a 7K camera.

Yeah the forum is full of 1D X users lamenting poor IQ.

At the end of the day you make the best use of what they give you or you swap systems. How long are you going to wait for Canon to get their sensors right? Could have been shooting Nikon for several years by now.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM
M.P.R.
• •
p.12 #12 · D600 is out. how tempting.

They should of put the 1DX sensor in the 5DIII if it has better IQ. Would maybe trade a little resolution for noticeably better image quality. Just not willing to pay 1DX price, or carry such a big heavy camera on hikes.

Maybe Canon is trying to save us money by not giving us 5DII owners reason enough to upgrade. lol

Not only am I not buying a new Canon camera. (Like I do almost every cycle) But I'm holding off on buying new Canon lenses. In case I decide to switch to Nikon. Thanks Canon! Brilliant marketing! Hope they are reading this thread and getting the message.

But have to say, I still love the 5DII, as it is serving me well.

Oct 18, 2012 at 01:35 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.12 #13 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Yeah the forum is full of 1D X users lamenting poor IQ.

At the end of the day you make the best use of what they give you or you swap systems. How long are you going to wait for Canon to get their sensors right? Could have been shooting Nikon for several years by now.

I doubt any 1DX owners are going to admit that their 7K camera has an outdated sensor at low ISO...I've put several thousand clicks on one, they aren't very special in the sensor department. It's becoming obvious with Canon's latest offerings that they have nothing left to give us.

Oct 18, 2012 at 01:49 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password