Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              11       12       end

Archive 2012 · D600 is out. how tempting.

canon pants
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · D600 is out. how tempting.

http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/0913_dslr_01.htm

Maybe canon will drop the mk 3 price before everyone changes over. I am thinking of picking one up at that price just to try it out.

Whats your thoughts?

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Two thoughts come to mind.

(i) You'll have to change your FM name.

(ii) I'm not moving away from Canon, no matter what Nikon brings out. I'd be deluding myself to think that the 1DX, 1DIV, and 5DII aren't good enough for me. Not to mention the glass. Oh, the glass...

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM
canon pants
• • •
p.1 #3 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Nikon pants doesn't flow the same

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM
WebDog
• • •
p.1 #4 · D600 is out. how tempting.

canon pants wrote:
Nikon pants doesn't flow the same

How about "Nikon knickers"

Go ahead make the switch

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · D600 is out. how tempting.

I'm extremely tempted, 3000 for a mk III is just a piss take.

Deliberately leaving off things like micro-adjust, pc sync and af-on buttons to differentiate it from the D800 smacks of Canon's ridiculous deliberate crippling policies of 3 or 4 years ago though, stupid and pointless move by Nikon IMHO

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Imagine that, a company keeps full feature sets in their top line equipment...

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM
dhphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Chris Beaumont wrote:
I'm extremely tempted, 3000 for a mk III is just a piss take.

Except you can get them for just over 2k now

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Where? Cheapest I've seen is 2700 at WEX. Do you mean grey import from HK?

If so, what's the repair/warranty situation/implications?

Edited on Sep 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM · View previous versions

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Zero interest here...and I shoot Nikon

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · D600 is out. how tempting.

RobertLynn wrote:
Imagine that, a company keeps full feature sets in their top line equipment...

There's always one dick who thinks being smarmy is a clever, relevant, articulate response isn't there?

Strangely it's nearly always you.

If you're prepared to explain why putting $0.00000002 worth of plastic and electronics into a camera is such a massive hassle for a company, I'm happy to debate the relative merits.

If you just want to wave your willy around about how clever you are, I've lost 3 relatives this week and I don't have the time for another confrontation with you where I try to get you to talk and debate instead of posturing around trying to make other people look small.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #11 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Wow! Not bad at all, Nikon! Price tag is now $2100. Including wireless capabilities, Android app and iOS app to control camera features, and good camera features with FF sensor. Extremely tempting for new starters in FF! Let's see what Canon will have in comparison with it.....

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM
ChrisCoy
• •
p.1 #12 · D600 is out. how tempting.

trenchmonkey wrote:
Zero interest here...and I shoot Nikon

Ditto.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Chris Beaumont
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · D600 is out. how tempting.

retrofocus wrote:
Including wireless capabilities, Android app and iOS app to control camera features

Does the app do that as well? I thought it was just for "tethered" shooting......which on it's own would be amazing for photobooths and things at weddings, certainly beats the Rob Galbraith eye-fi card workaround!!

Having camera controls as well? That's an excellent new feature!!

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM
fraga
• • • •
p.1 #14 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Chris Beaumont wrote:
Deliberately leaving off things like micro-adjust, pc sync and af-on buttons to differentiate it from the D800 smacks of Canon's ridiculous deliberate crippling policies of 3 or 4 years ago though, stupid and pointless move by Nikon IMHO

Regarding the MA, I felt exactly the same.
But as snooked123 pointed out earlier in another thread:

The camera does seem to have AF fine tuning available:

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d600/spec.htm

"Nikon Multi-CAM 4800 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, fine-tuning, 39 focus points (including 9 cross-type sensors; ... "

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM
MalbikEndar
• •
p.1 #15 · D600 is out. how tempting.

As an amateur not making any money from photos, I don't NEED a new camera. I was kind of interested at the $1500 price point that was causing so much heavy breathing. Not immediately, but many when things settled down and you could actually buy one. Right now I will, um, focus on other things.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #16 · D600 is out. how tempting.

It's a pretty good camera for the price. And it looks to me that Nikon doesn't take away too many features from the D800. (If it's up to Canon, no way D600 would have had the same weather sealing as D800.)

Now, let's see how Canon will follow up.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Chris Beaumont wrote:
There's always one dick who thinks being smarmy is a clever, relevant, articulate response isn't there?

Strangely it's nearly always you.

If you're prepared to explain why putting $0.00000002 worth of plastic and electronics into a camera is such a massive hassle for a company, I'm happy to debate the relative merits.

If you just want to wave your willy around about how clever you are, I've lost 3 relatives this week and I don't have the time for another confrontation with you where I try to get you to talk and debate instead of posturing around trying to make other
...Show more

Firstly, you're acting like a jerk. You're trying to call me a dick, but are doing the same thing and hiding behind the death of friends/family as the reason for your strife, when in fact, you haven't a clue what's going on in almost any of our lives... Im sorry for your loss, but pal, acting like a jerk and then saying well people died and I don't have time for this...that's weak and does the dead a disservice.

With that out of the way, seriously, you're complaining about crippling of camera bodies and say that it only costs 2 cents...in reality you have no idea how much it costs. But beyond that, does that mean they should
Because it is 2 cents? Do we draw the line at 5 cents? 10?

What point is buying a higher product then, if the base product is going to as good as the best? Seriously? If instead of being coy, posturing yourself, and calling me names, YOU can tell me why?

How much does it cost for full weather sealing? Why isn't every rebel weather sealed?

Where do you draw the line? At what point is a company allowed to differentiate product lines? I'm not sticking up for canon. You know it costs like 20 cents to add a 4x6 print to an order but photographers charge 5 or even 10 dollars for it....should they just give it away for free? I've worked management level in retail and seen the costs of some clothing, I have seen polo shirts sell for $40 and they cost the store 6 cents... No bull, no posturing no being a jerk, no willy waving, 6 cents. Should we have given it away because they bought something else?

Where do you draw the line? And at what point does adding more to the lesser model take away from the higher model?

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #18 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Great offer imo. Great size and weight. I would like to see the IQ performance at ISO 6.400, 12 & 51k compared to 5D III. If they still use an EXMOR sensor the noise should be one stop less, thann D800s. I will test one, I guess.

As far as I see from specs, the only feature I am still missing is the rear wheel.

Ralph

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM
dhphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Chris Beaumont wrote:
Where? Cheapest I've seen is 2700 at WEX. Do you mean grey import from HK?

If so, what's the repair/warranty situation/implications?

Not actually from HK, probably an import but already in the UK, the prices are tumbling now. I was offered one for 2k for cash on collection last week

I have no idea about the warranty, if it didn't work I'd just send it back.

The D600 can only make prices drop further

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #20 · D600 is out. how tempting.

Not a direct response to anyone, but I've always amazed at people or articles that try to make the cost of manufacturing an equipment look really cheap by only considering the pure material costs. They probably forgot that the manufacturer has to have someone there to operate the machines. Oh, yes, there are also some machines there in the production. Then, the designs, the researches...a bunch of prototypes that have been tossed away and never seen the production line. And countless of many costs to run a company.

Back to the topic, I'd love a 6D with all those specs from CanonRumors and flipped screen plus built-in flash. That will be a nice backup body to my 5D3. But it'll be hard to get rid of my 7D too.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password