Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

niXer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

I know a lot of you will write it off but I really like my P7000. I skipped the P7100 but now I am drooling over the P7700.

I don't mind the lack of optical viewfinder because the one on the P7000 was about useless anyways and I found that for it's form factor a viewfinder was pretty impractical anyways.

The thing I am worried about is speed. The P7000's speed is... not great. I know the P7100 was a vast improvement but if the P7700 can be even faster I am already sold. Also the one thing I wanted in the P7000, commander mode is now in the P7700 so it's win/win for me.

Thoughts?

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:31 PM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #2 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

Looks nice, but if I want smaller than my D700 I'd rather my X100 or FE2.

Depends on how you shoot I suppose.

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:42 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

if it only had a viewfinder

Sep 14, 2012 at 03:46 PM
nikt
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

No one uses a viewfinder on these tiny cameras for all the talk about them.
And they are so small as to be a waste of space.
The camera is the first "small" camera I've been interested in since the Samsung EX1.

The P7700 is a sleeper and will only fail if Nikons marketing doesn't improve in regards to telling more people about it.

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

nikt wrote:

I do. I use a viewfinder on every camera I have. I wont buy a camera that doesnt have a viewfinder.

Sep 16, 2012 at 06:46 PM
J Newkirk
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

nikt wrote:
And they are so small as to be a waste of space.
The camera is the first "small" camera I've been interested in since the Samsung EX1.

The P7700 is a sleeper and will only fail if Nikons marketing doesn't improve in regards to telling more people about it.

I also do and if the manufacturers don't want to 'waste the space' then they had better come up with a means of viewing the proposed shot while holding the camera to my head or body.

btw...have you ever tried to frame 'that' shot while in an audience when the LCD is burning bright, disturbing everyone else?

jn

Sep 16, 2012 at 07:29 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

I still use the P7000 for climbing mountains and long desert hikes and am happy with it. Not concerned about anything but sharpness and ability to shoot raw files. That's why I bought it. Slow speed doesn't bother me. All my shots are through the viewfinder, I turn off the LCD. It's just faster and easier that way. And if you have any vision correction, always using the LCD is a pain. At least for me. In the end, comparing the two, the P7700 doesn't bring anything to the table I'd want right now.

Sep 16, 2012 at 08:02 PM
nikt
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Is anyone going from the P7000 to P7700?

I'm just stating facts and a sign of the times. The viewfinder that you find on today's little point-and-shoot cameras is a waste of time. It is symbolism. And I hate symbolism. It's something the manufacturers like to put on their spec sheet.

Sure, there is ALWAYS going to be a few people who use it. I know of a few who can't see the LCD's properly.

But in a little compact "pocketable" camera today, if's not an EVF it's worthless.

Seriously, what is this.....

Sep 17, 2012 at 09:54 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password