Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Canon just posted a new firmware update for the EOS 7D. (v2.0.3)

Firmware version 2.0.3 incorporates the following fixes:
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera stops working when the auto power off setting takes effect.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the maximum number of images that can be captured in a burst may be less than the actual number displayed in the viewfinder.
3. Corrects some errors in the message displayed on the LCD screen when saving RAW images developed in the camera.

The fixes listed above are corrections for the phenomena experienced with firmware version 2.0.0. These phenomena will not occur in firmware version 1.2.5 or before.
Updating the camera's firmware to version 2.0.0 / 2.0.3 from version 1.2.5 or before, will incorporate many new functions into the camera. For the details of these new functions, please see the "Version 2.0.0 improvements" in the history of past firmware updates.

Download it from the Canon "Drives & Software" page.

Sep 12, 2012 at 03:44 PM
StarNut
• • •
p.1 #2 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Thanks, Fred!

Sep 12, 2012 at 04:11 PM
rebelshooter
• • •
p.1 #3 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

So, are people actually having issues? Mine has worked flawlessly.

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:04 PM
PatrickSweeney
• •
p.1 #4 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Just sent mine in for cleaning, asked for the V2.0 upgrade, and got the V2.0.3 upgrade.

So I can't report on problems with 2.0. Which is fine by me.

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:15 PM
andyjaggy82
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

I had issues yes in regards to number 1. Camera would stop responding after auto power off.

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:29 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

FW2 was perfect on my 7D. Maybe I shouldn't fix it if it ain't broke...

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:36 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #7 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Updated mine already. It now works like a 7D to me.

Sep 12, 2012 at 05:59 PM
joesmosax
• • •
p.1 #8 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Mine has stopped tethering properly to lightroom 4....anyone else having this issue?

Joe

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

rebelshooter wrote:
So, are people actually having issues? Mine has worked flawlessly.

Why do you think they release updated FW addressing several issues if no one was having issues. Mine locked up permanently after FW 2 update and has been at Canon for nearly 3 weeks, awaiting new FW to fix it.

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

2.0.3 seems broken for me It does not seem to 'remember' custom settings done on CF-II & CF-III. It also seems to forget the ALO setting. It seemed to work correctly with 2.0

Sep 13, 2012 at 01:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

sritri wrote:
2.0.3 seems broken for me It does not seem to 'remember' custom settings done on CF-II & CF-III. It also seems to forget the ALO setting. It seemed to work correctly with 2.0

Do mean it flushed out your prior settings and you had to reset them? Or the C1, C2, C3 no longer work (retain settings)?

Sep 13, 2012 at 01:44 AM
WesN
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Shreeni,

It does not seem to 'remember' custom settings done on CF-II & CF-III. It also seems to forget the ALO setting.

Meaning it cleared your old CF-II and CF-III settings? Or you can no longer save CF-II/III settings as it always now clears them?

Wes N.

Sep 13, 2012 at 01:44 AM
greetobegine

p.1 #13 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Just Upgraded my 7D from 2.0.0 to new 2.0.3 firmware. No problems with either updates.

Sep 13, 2012 at 03:08 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Gochugogi & Wes N - My way upgrading is - I clear all custom functions, clear 'all' settings, remove the backup battery for atleast 2 hours and start with the upgrade without any lens on. Over the years and many EOS bodies it has worked well, even for 7D version 2.0.

However with 2.0.3, 'EVERYTIME" I switch off the camera and switch back on, the settings are not retained. Everytime ALO, CF-II & CF-III are forgotten

Another thing to add now is EOS utility (the new one) flashed busy everytime I click on the settings icon

Sep 13, 2012 at 03:57 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

I left all my CF and C settings intact and, after the FW2 update, they were still there and working fine. I wore my lens and battery during the update and was shooting images in downtown Honolulu a few minutes later.

One thing to consider, perhaps your backup button cell bought the farm. I had one go in another EOS and it was only a short time and a FW change, and I starting blaming the FW for lost settings until I checked the obvious.

Sep 13, 2012 at 04:20 AM
dwweiche
• • •
p.1 #16 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Gochugogi wrote:

One thing to consider, perhaps your backup button cell bought the farm. I had one go in another EOS and it was only a short time and a FW change, and I starting blaming the FW for lost settings until I checked the obvious.

This is what I also first thought when reading the description. It certainly sounds to me that a bad backup battery could be the culprit. Has it ever been replaced?

Not sure if you have a multimeter and can check the voltage on the battery, but regardless, I would certainly invest a few bucks for a fresh battery and see what happens. I tend to think your problem would be solved.

Sep 13, 2012 at 04:32 AM
sritri
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Yes I did when updated to Version 2. Brand spanking new from Shack. And BTW, the issue is only with these 3. It happened again as I write

Sep 13, 2012 at 04:35 AM
dwweiche
• • •
p.1 #18 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

sritri wrote:
Yes I did when updated to Version 2. Brand spanking new from Shack. And BTW, the issue is only with these 3. It happened again as I write

Well, give it a few posts and pretty soon someone will let you know that because theirs is fine, you must just be hallucinating

Hope you get it figured out w/o too much pain... I haven't gone to 2.0.3 yet but will when I get some free time.

Sep 13, 2012 at 04:50 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Yep, a multimeter works great for battery testing. I have a guitar tuner that uses buttons cells and have gotten DOA batteries a few times and the multimeter was very helpful.

Anywho, I just updated my 7D from FW2 to 2.0.3 and took a half dozen pics outside and all is well so far. I think it needs a few hard days of use to know for sure but I suspect it will be fine since FW2 didn't give me any problems. I had to reset the time/date but all my button assignments, CF and C settings were intact and functional.

Sep 13, 2012 at 04:59 AM
jchin
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Canon EOS 7D Firmware 2.0.3 released!

Thanks. I'll go download now.

Sep 13, 2012 at 05:14 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password