Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Any all-in-one printers that do photos well?

charlesk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any all-in-one printers that do photos well?

We have (er, had) an all-in-one Canon that we used for printing, copying and faxing. As I telegraphed, it has died, and we need to get a new one.

The old box could print photos but they were pretty poor. The priority here is office tasks, but if I could get one that also would make good quality photo prints, that would be a nice bonus.

Anyone have any experience with such a beast?

Thanks.

Sep 12, 2012 at 01:53 PM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any all-in-one printers that do photos well?

Epson Artisan 700/800 series. I'm pretty pleased with them compared to earlier lower-end Epsons, and the image quality is very good. Copying, faxing, and network capabilities are all pretty good, although the duplexer/feeder on the 800 series isn't foolproof.

I've been pleased with the better utilization of ink with the Artisans. Epson seems to have solved the problem of inkheads clogging if the unit goes unused for a week. I've had to toss older Epsons simply because the inkheads clogged and could not be satisfactorily cleaned.

These also come with CD printing capability, which is actually my main use for them.

Sep 12, 2012 at 06:37 PM
DonM2
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any all-in-one printers that do photos well?

I'm on the same page with RDKirk.

I've been with Epson printers for at least ten years for photo work especially. Never had any interest in an all-in-one machine, however.

But for reasons outside this discussion, I got interested in recent ads for the Epson Artisan 837 all-in-one unit. Not least for the current $100 price reduction at several vendors and that it can handle hi-capacity ink carts.

I have two other Epson units still on-line, one a wide-carriage for larger photos. But since I bot this Artisan 837 exactly one month ago, it is my current go-to for photos up to 8x10. The photo output quality was a pleasant surprise, indeed!

Finally, the 837 can scan and print 11x14 legal media, as well.

Sep 13, 2012 at 08:44 AM
charlesk
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any all-in-one printers that do photos well?

Thanks a lot, I'll look into those!

Is the 837 the model to get?

Sep 13, 2012 at 03:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

colinm
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any all-in-one printers that do photos well?

If you're just looking for a nice printer/scanner/copier combo, the Artisan 730 makes identical prints for $100 less. The 837 adds a fax modem and a duplexer for automatic two-sided printing. Take your pick.

Sep 13, 2012 at 03:55 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Any all-in-one printers that do photos well?

Yes, the 835 or 837. If you can find the 835 (slightly older model) the print quality of them are the same but with a couple of function differences that I don't recall. Do not make a mistake and get the WorkForce series; they are not exactly the same as the Artisans.

Sep 14, 2012 at 02:18 PM
charlesk
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Any all-in-one printers that do photos well?

Thanks much. Will give the 837 a try.

Sep 15, 2012 at 01:28 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password