Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The Owens Home

mowensphotogra
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · The Owens Home

The Owens Home by Owensi, on Flickr

This is for my panoramic assignment so I would really appreciate comments and feedback!

Thanks
Mike

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · The Owens Home

Very nice colors - I see some distortion that can be corrected (depending on whether or not that bit of processing meets the guidelines for your assignment).

Regards,

Bob

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
mowensphotogra
• •
p.1 #3 · The Owens Home

Yeah I went on camera raw and did the lens correction and synched to all and still, the roof is distorted =/ What else can be done?

Sep 12, 2012 at 01:03 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · The Owens Home

There are multiple options regarding pano stitching (assuming photoshop). It would be helpful if you detailed your workflow and which sequence / option you chose.

File>Automate>Photomerge>Reposition is my usual choice for working pano ... usually from uncorrected files for first attempt. Having made distortion corrections in on file can force a need to "bend" another file more than might have otherwise been necessary. Your left & right seem pretty good ... it looks like the center is "bending" to meet them more than would have been caused by lens distortion.

How many images were used and how much "overlap" did you have for each image when you capture them? Also, were you shooting in horizontal/landscape orientation or vertical/portrait orientation? While it takes more images to get the coverage, I typically shoot pano's in portrait orientation with about 1/3 overlap.

There are multiple threads (search "pano") in the Alternative Gear Forum for Pano's if you're interested in getting more insight to pano's with "Pano-mania" being the more prolific of the threads over there.

WARNING: View at your own peril. Side effects can include, increased image file sizes, leveling gear acquisition, nodal point discussion, drooling over gigapan images and potentially initial feelings of inadequacy. Other side effects can include a new way of seeing things, a liberation from standard cropping & framing and a sense of drive and accomplishment. Additional side effects may vary that are individual in nature. Consult your FM friends for additional help should you experience any of these. While there is no known cure for "Pano-mania", a reasonably normal life can be achieved with occasional use of a square format image. Pano-mania is not commonly found in regular people, but exists primarily in individuals that are not satisfied by status quo. Pano-mania is a growing sympton, that has recently been proliferated by advances in CPU speed, more RAM and software improvement. While Pano-mania is not for everyone, a fulfilling life remains possible, even as Pano-mania varies in degree with each individual.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1015017/0?keyword=pano#9641824

Sep 12, 2012 at 01:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · The Owens Home

RustyBug wrote:
There are multiple options regarding pano stitching (assuming photoshop). It would be helpful if you detailed your workflow and which sequence / option you chose.

File>Automate>Photomerge>Reposition is my usual choice for working pano ... usually from uncorrected files for first attempt. Having made distortion corrections in on file can force a need to "bend" another file more than might have otherwise been necessary. Your left & right seem pretty good ... it looks like the center is "bending" to meet them more than would have been caused by lens distortion.

How many images were used and how much "overlap" did you have
...Show more

Sep 12, 2012 at 03:05 PM
mowensphotogra
• •
p.1 #6 · The Owens Home

Ah sorry I guess I shoulda have explain my process.

1. I opened up the images(15) in camera raw and did the lens correction for all.
2. Saved
3. Photoshop, Automate, photomerge, auto.
4. Then did processing from there.

There were about 15 landscape/horizontal images. took 3 shots from the ground, mid, then the sky then moved right and did the same thing 4 more times.

Sep 12, 2012 at 04:10 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · The Owens Home

How much distortion exists in the original images of the house ... is there any "keystoning" in the originals?

Sep 12, 2012 at 04:48 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · The Owens Home

Doing proper panos that aren't clobbered with perspective distortion is tricky. One way to avoid the perspective distortion is to shoot with a normal length lens, rather than a wide angle. You'll paste more images together for a given final angle, but they'll have less distortion. The other approach is to apply substantial distortion correction correction in post processing.

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:59 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password