Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

Smridevan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

For those who have sent their D800/D800E/D4 for the left AF repair, can you describe whether the fix was successful or not and how much AF tuning is required if at all after the repair? Please also indicate the service facility where you sent it. I just want to get an idea of the progress Nikon is making in resolving the left autofocus issue. Thanks!

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

germany

sent one 800e in, not that i needed it really, just curiosity. Came back with note that cannot be reproduced. 40Eur experience. Still same issue. I just ignore it at least until there will be official call back.
Though it does really confirm year to year worse and worse QC in Nikon (well not only them). I sure will not be buying anything until years proven anymore.

Sep 12, 2012 at 07:36 PM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

I received mine back yesterday i will do some controlled test this week and determine if anything was fixed. My camera does not suffer as bad as some others i have seen. It only hows on wider then 35 and its only a bit off.

Sep 12, 2012 at 08:14 PM
nwadventurer7
• •
p.1 #4 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

this subject is already posted on "Nikon has a fix for the D800/D800E asymmetric focus.."

Sep 12, 2012 at 09:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Smridevan
• •
p.1 #5 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

I wanted to collect more data on recent fixes, especially in the USA. Some people reported successful repairs and some have said it came back worse.

Sep 13, 2012 at 03:22 AM
gman1339
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

I have purchased 3 D800 cameras, and one D800E since July. All have been returned as defective with the left point focus problem. The latest one was returned today. I gave up after 4. Nikon really dropped the ball with the D800. The first time in over ten years that they let me down personally.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

gman1339 wrote:
I have purchased 3 D800 cameras, and one D800E since July. All have been returned as defective with the left point focus problem. The latest one was returned today. I gave up after 4. Nikon really dropped the ball with the D800. The first time in over ten years that they let me down personally.

+1

I had several and got rid of them, I don't trust the D800/E period

Sep 14, 2012 at 03:12 PM
vchowdhary
• • •
p.1 #8 · Successful/Failed Left AF repair experience

jojomon11 wrote:
+1

I had several and got rid of them, I don't trust the D800/E period

I wouldn't go so far as to say I dont trust the cameras.
I will say this, the issue is quite prevalent.
The impact from the issue in terms of ability to produce results is very limited for most (not for all).
The bigger impact is in the trust that a consumer has in purchasing a used camera with a known issue without any confirmation of fix/acknowledgement of issue from Nikon.

Reason I wont be getting a used D800 anytime soon, and buying a new one either. I already faced issues having sold one here on FM and having to deal with the return from buyer and further dealings with Nikon/dealers.

Sep 14, 2012 at 07:49 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password