Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Spyder

Rob573

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Spyder

Yesterday while re-calibrating my iMac 27" and my Dell 21" monitors, the clip holding the suction clamp section of my Spyder Elite 3 came apart causing the blue tinted filter to shatter.
I immediately emailed Data Color asking them if it was possible to purchase another filter. I knew that:
1. If they sold them they would not be cheap
2. If they did not sell them then the whole system was now scrap and useless

I heard back from them within an hour and they told me that they did not sell these and that without the filter I would not be able to use the system again. Then they went on to tell me that since I was with NBC and National Geographic and since I had been such a valued customer in the past that they were going to replace the whole system at no charge to me.
I had to send them the serial number, the model, the place I bought it and when and my phone number with mailing address.
They sent a RMA notice and asked me to send a photo showing that I cut off the USB plug showing the serial number on the cut piece. I did and within moments got the UPS tracking number AND they were not replacing the broken Spyder 3 Elite BUT were sending a new Spyder 4 Elite System.
Just wanted to let my fellow members know that Data Color is a great company to deal with and goes above and beyond to help its customers out. This is so unusual with so many companies these days. I wanted to share this in the hope that it may help other members when they are trying to decide on a monitor calibration system. Not only is this a great system that I rely on but the company is superior in its service.

Sep 11, 2012 at 01:06 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Spyder

All great, but I hop they would have done the same if you were not "with NBC and NG", and they didn't consider you such a valued customer . Or would they have just left you with a bit of scrap?

Sep 11, 2012 at 09:06 AM
Bearmann
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Spyder

I'll keep that in the back of my mind if I ever get a job with NBC or NG.

Sep 11, 2012 at 01:28 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password