Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

Appreciate comments and thoughts re composittion and processing - from Oregon vic old farmhouse.

Thanks,

Bob

NIKON D7000    17.0-55.0 mm f/2.8 lens    28mm    f/7.1    1/320s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D7000    17.0-55.0 mm f/2.8 lens    55mm    f/7.1    1/320s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Camperjim
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

Bob, it seems you posted a while ago and have not been getting any input. I suspect there are at least a couple of reasons. First I am not sure monochrome works well for these images. Personally I am not a big fan of b&w but it can add drama. That does not seem to be the case for these images. They seem a bit bland and the lack of color doesn't help. Secondly the compositions seem weak. You have some leading lines but they don't seem to lead anywhere interesting. You have taken on some tough scenes for capturing the viewer's attention.

Sep 11, 2012 at 06:32 AM
silvawispa
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

I would say the issues are mainly the leading lines. Where do you want our eyes to go nexr?

Sep 11, 2012 at 07:13 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

Camperjim wrote:
Bob, it seems you posted a while ago and have not been getting any input. I suspect there are at least a couple of reasons. First I am not sure monochrome works well for these images. Personally I am not a big fan of b&w but it can add drama. That does not seem to be the case for these images. They seem a bit bland and the lack of color doesn't help. Secondly the compositions seem weak. You have some leading lines but they don't seem to lead anywhere interesting. You have taken on some tough scenes for capturing
...Show more

Thanks for your thoughts - I'll run up the color versions.

Agreed, in the fresh light of another day they are bland - certainly missed capturing the crisp autumn-like breeze and sense of wide open spaces I am not accustomed to seeing (and very much enjoy) in my part of the country.

Bob

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

silvawispa wrote:
I would say the issues are mainly the leading lines. Where do you want our eyes to go nexr?

Thanks Paul - good question for which I have no answer...

Bob

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

The first has a strong leading line element, after grabbing attention in the foreground. However, I dont find the pull to the left side of the frame rewarding. Instead, the image seems more a framing for the hill behind. Cant do it now, but I am curious if a L/R flip strengthens the image. However, I dont this one is a keeper.
Second feels a bit lacking as well. The lines in the field dont offer much reward as they pull to the distance. I find the toning and contrast a bit flat.

Scott

Sep 11, 2012 at 01:02 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

sbeme wrote:
The first has a strong leading line element, after grabbing attention in the foreground. However, I dont find the pull to the left side of the frame rewarding. Instead, the image seems more a framing for the hill behind. Cant do it now, but I am curious if a L/R flip strengthens the image. However, I dont this one is a keeper.
Second feels a bit lacking as well. The lines in the field dont offer much reward as they pull to the distance. I find the toning and contrast a bit flat.

Scott

Scott,

Agreed, thanks for your comments.

Bob

Sep 11, 2012 at 01:42 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Two for considerstion - Field of oats.

+1 @ Scott & Paul

Sep 11, 2012 at 02:59 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password