Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Extra LARGE print options

psanka

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Extra LARGE print options

What are the options for Extra LARGE print options. To give more details, it is an office room of about 20x15ft with glass windows of 5ftx5ft. Client want photos facing into the room and other side as well hanging from inside. Few options I could think of ...
1.Banners - Since this is close distance watching the photos, not sure how good they look.
2.Murals - Good but expensive, not sure if I can get some with both sides viewing. I thought of attaching two sets of murals, not sure if that is possible.
3.Canvas prints - I didn't see canvas 5ftx5ft size, though I get the small ones, not sure the way to hang them one below the other.
4.I see some posters in the retail shops hanging from top, not sure what they are.

Any other options that you could share would be great.

What are the good (economic) places I could get them printed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sep 09, 2012 at 07:05 PM
Hammy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Extra LARGE print options

Not sure where you've been looking at for options, but there is a place down the street from me that prints HUGE: http://www.nationalposters.com/gallery.aspx I don't know their pricing of if options fit your needs, but may give you some ideas.

As far as viewing distance, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been to many venues with MASSIVE banners that if I wanted to get technical, the photo was very low resolution, but the fact is that what your customer is looking for is impact to their customers. Their customers are not going to come in and critique your work if you didn't use a 324Mpix camera (needed to get native 300dpi at 5ft)

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Extra LARGE print options

we can print on canvas up to 2.2meters on shorter side. It would be effort to send it in US, but we did (in a roll) few times already.
It is though little pricey compared to posters or banners. It is meant more for permanent display as artwork.

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:09 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password