Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 2 annoying CS6 bugs

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 2 annoying CS6 bugs

I'm running cs6 64 on win7 with 24gb of memory and 700gb free disk space.

2 bugs are really annoying.

1)

Several times the background save option has stopped updating and never finishes. Fortunately, I am able to copy and paste the data into another document so at least there is a workaround but when this happens you cannot close the document without terminating it in task manager

2)

This happens quite frequently. CS6 gets in a mode where certain operations such as saving the document causes the program to shift to the back of all other windows. When this happens you need to cycle through your programs with alt-tab or click on the icon in the task bar but it's annoying if (like me) you periodically hit ctrl-s as a shortcut as you are working. It's not related to the keyboard however, because it does the same thing if you save from the file menu. It doesn't always do this but once a day it gets into this state and you have to quit and re-open to stop it.

Sep 09, 2012 at 06:50 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · 2 annoying CS6 bugs

Addendum...

I don't think it's the antivirus software (AVG) since I've been running it a while....

I'm starting to think it might be the backup software I am running (acronis and crashplan)

Both use a file system monitor and after describing the symptoms here I thought about the fact that doing a save must kick in the event-monitoring in the file system and perhaps crashplan or acronis runs briefly to note a file system update and when it's background thread ends, it is restoring the wrong foreground program in the z-order.

I uninstalled crashplan this morning and will re-test tonight. I'm hoping it's crashplan and not acronis since I use acronis daily to do my backups.

Sep 11, 2012 at 01:28 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · 2 annoying CS6 bugs

i have few issues with CS6 but none of those above

i have also Win7 with 24GB of RAM

my work PC is a work PC, no other programs running, especially not backup stuff or antivirus

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · 2 annoying CS6 bugs

mine is a workpc too. I wouldn't dream of running my photobusiness pc without AV or backup

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:13 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #5 · 2 annoying CS6 bugs

we have everything server based. no sense to make backup from work station which can be rebuilt in few hours effort.
beside there is no internet access directly from the PC, to catch a virus is rather unlikely

Sep 11, 2012 at 05:29 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · 2 annoying CS6 bugs

Kittyk wrote:
we have everything server based. no sense to make backup from work station which can be rebuilt in few hours effort.
beside there is no internet access directly from the PC, to catch a virus is rather unlikely

+1

I don't know that I would call it a CS6 bug. The simple fact that everyone has different programs and use their computers in different ways can lead to issues that others do not face. There could easily be a compatibility issue as you already noted as possibilities, there could be issues because of filters, etc. My point is not to call it a "CS6 bug" because it may not be at all.

Sep 14, 2012 at 02:25 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password