Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Newby Question

lightwriter100

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Newby Question

I'm new to FM only 2 wks. I saw a lens, contacted the seller via PM and offered to buy it. The seller PM'd me back and said he had sold it already and he had not taken the post down. No problem.......but the lens is still listed as available a week later. Could this be because i have no prior purchases? Done a lot of trading on Ebay and am familiar with ratings, don't know how that applies on FM?

Sep 09, 2012 at 05:36 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #2 · Newby Question

Odds are the lens is sold and has nothing to do with your ratings. Yes, some people are reluctant to sell to a Newby for fear of being scammed, but everyone had to start from zero at one time or another. What lens do you want?

Sep 09, 2012 at 06:25 PM
lightwriter100

p.1 #3 · Newby Question

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L Non IS.

Sep 09, 2012 at 06:37 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #4 · Newby Question

There are several on the B&S board between $450-$600. For your low light needs, consider getting the f/2.8 instead of the f/4. Also consider IS. The version I can be had for $1400. Yes, it is heavier than the f/4, but it is that much nicer. The f/4 non-IS is still capable of producing some excellent images.

Sep 09, 2012 at 11:06 PM
lightwriter100

p.1 #5 · Newby Question

Wish i could afford the f/2.8 IS or even the f/4 IS but it is not in the cards (or cash) right now. Besides I am very amateur, Just cant justify it yet. Thanks for the info.

Stephon

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password