Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              189      
190
       191       192       193       end
  

Archive 2012 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)
  
 
CalW
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.190 #1 · p.190 #1 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


Wayne, I'm trying to figure out which op/tech case that is. I have the "Shorty" which is 4.75x3x3.75 (width x height x length along the lens axis) and is a very snug fit even without the EVF. Yours must be either the "Offset", which is 4.9x3.5x4.6 or the "Rangefinder" which is 5.75x3.1x4 . There is another case that might work - - the "SLR Manual Soft Pouch" is 5.5x3x3.75 but uses a clasp closure instead of the snaps.

Update on 29 March:

To clarify, the "Shorty" is a snug but comfortable fit for the bare RX1 and a very snug stretch but usable with the RRS base plate and grip added. I also leave the lens boot on for double protection for the lens.

I also have now purchased the "Rangefinder" case and it is a comfortable fit for the RX1 with the RRS base plate and grip, and a snug stretch-over with the EVF mounted. Also real tight but usable with both the EVF and the RRS with the grip plus end plate. And the lens boot works here as well.

With any of these combinations I feel real comfortable dropping the camera into whatever suitcase, bag or backpack I am using.

Thank you for the help, Wayne and Douglas!

Edited on Mar 29, 2014 at 04:03 PM · View previous versions



Mar 18, 2014 at 03:25 PM
wayne seltzer
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.190 #2 · p.190 #2 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


CalW wrote:
Wayne, I'm trying to figure out which op/tech case that is. I have the "Shorty" which is 4.75x3x3.75 (width x height x length along the lens axis) and is a very snug fit even without the EVF. Yours must be either the "Offset", which is 4.9x3.5x4.6 or the "Rangefinder" which is 5.75x3.1x4 . There is another case that might work - - the "SLR Manual Soft Pouch" is 5.5x3x3.75 but uses a clasp closure instead of the snaps.


I think it is the rangefinder. Definitely not offset.



Mar 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM
douglasf13
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #3 · p.190 #3 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


This thread is starting to repeat itself! link


Mar 20, 2014 at 09:53 PM
umsl12
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #4 · p.190 #4 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


What is a good price to get a used RX1? Thanks


Mar 21, 2014 at 03:15 AM
wayne seltzer
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.190 #5 · p.190 #5 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


douglasf13 wrote:
This thread is starting to repeat itself! link


Yep!

Yeah, mine can't be the rangefinder as mine easily stretches over RX1 viewfinder attached and RRS grip and L bracket. There is no model name on the thing and it has snaps on the back. I went into local camera store and tried each of the different models and this was the only one that worked for me.



Mar 21, 2014 at 03:24 AM
CalW
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.190 #6 · p.190 #6 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


umsl12 wrote:
What is a good price to get a used RX1? Thanks

Steven, best place for used is on the B&S here on FM. Prices have ranged from $1500 to $2000 depending on condition, extras, and (I suppose) mood of the seller. For what it may be worth, I am very satisfied with mine and paid $1790 including a grip and Sony hood.


Edited on Mar 21, 2014 at 12:42 PM · View previous versions



Mar 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Jonas B
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.190 #7 · p.190 #7 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


douglasf13 wrote:
This thread is starting to repeat itself! link




I think it has been cycling for quite some time. The RX1 is such a nice camera (not flawless of course, far from it actually) and the IQ is stellar - no wonder the discussion continues despite the camera having been around for well over a year. My Sony A7 will go during the spring, the RX1 will stay.



Mar 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM
fredmirandafan
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #8 · p.190 #8 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


Hi guys, just a quick update on my RX1R after six months. During this time, I've shot with the EM1, Df, A7/R, M, GR, GM1, D800, but evertime RX1R is still the first camera I pull out.

Its balance of IQ, weight, file size, FL are all contributing to a magical quality that is still unrivalled IMO by anything in the market yet. Simply amazing.



Mar 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Jochenb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #9 · p.190 #9 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


fredmirandafan wrote:
Hi guys, just a quick update on my RX1R after six months. During this time, I've shot with the EM1, Df, A7/R, M, GR, GM1, D800, but evertime RX1R is still the first camera I pull out.

Its balance of IQ, weight, file size, FL are all contributing to a magical quality that is still unrivalled IMO by anything in the market yet. Simply amazing.


I agree. I also shot with so many cameras the past year and the RX1 just stands out for me. I wish it had a littlebit faster AF and smaller AF points like the A7, but the IQ (the lens and sensor are fantastic), size and weight are just so great.



Mar 25, 2014 at 10:37 AM
fredmirandafan
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #10 · p.190 #10 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


Jochenb wrote:
I agree. I also shot with so many cameras the past year and the RX1 just stands out for me. I wish it had a littlebit faster AF and smaller AF points like the A7, but the IQ (the lens and sensor are fantastic), size and weight are just so great.


I'm not knocking the 35mm 2.8 on A7R, but side by side comparisons show the bokeh and rendition is still superior on my RX1R.

I am hoping to get my hands on the Sigma 35/1.4 which might be better than the 2.0 Zeiss but even if proven so, I would still get more fun out of shooting woth RX1R than the ginormous Sigma lens mounted on another ginormous FF body.



Mar 25, 2014 at 09:56 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



R.Young
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #11 · p.190 #11 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


A question for all users...

I noticed yesterday while out shooting the RX1R that the image preview after taking the shot, and the actual image taken by the camera seem to be different. I was shooting into the sun in manual mode (without auto iso) to make sure I got the exposure I wanted, but kept noticing that as soon as I took the shot, the image taken would pop up on the display, and then seem to adjust its brightness (always about a stop brighter), all the images in review looked brighter than what was previewed before I captured the image which made me feel I was overexposing. Once getting home and looking at the photos in Lightroom, I noticed the initial preview was also brighter, but once rendered properly by lightrooms RAW engine, would darken to the true image taken. I'm shooting RAW and pretty certain I have turned off all features like the lens correction etc so don't get why the cameras image preview seems to be different from the actual image taken.

Any ideas?



Mar 30, 2014 at 05:49 AM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #12 · p.190 #12 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


R.Young wrote:
A question for all users...

I noticed yesterday while out shooting the RX1R that the image preview before taking the shot, and the actual image taken by the camera seem to be different. I was shooting into the sun in manual mode (without auto iso) to make sure I got the exposure I wanted, but kept noticing that as soon as I took the shot, the image taken would pop up on the display, and then seem to adjust its brightness (always about a stop brighter), all the images in review looked brighter than what was previewed before I captured the
...Show more

in lightroom the initial preview is based on the jpeg settings (even if you are shooting only raw), then lightroom applies it's own preview that replaces that. so my guess is you have funny jpeg settings that are boosting brightness and that you don't have the "setting effects on" in the menu (turning it on makes your viewfinder/lcd image look like what the final jpeg output would be).




Mar 30, 2014 at 05:58 AM
R.Young
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #13 · p.190 #13 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


I've just checked and I have settings effects on, and I'm shooting using the standard creative style. I am shooting JPEG+RAW, but that shouldn't be causing it. Which creative style do you use?

Also, why are there some duplicate creative styles which are numbered 1-6 (Std, 1 Std, Vivid, 2 Vivid, Ntrl, 3 Ntrl etc etc)? Is this for you to create your own? The all seem equally editable?



Mar 30, 2014 at 06:17 AM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #14 · p.190 #14 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


R.Young wrote:
I've just checked and I have settings effects on, and I'm shooting using the standard creative style. I am shooting JPEG+RAW, but that shouldn't be causing it. Which creative style do you use?

Also, why are there some duplicate creative styles which are numbered 1-6 (Std, 1 Std, Vivid, 2 Vivid, Ntrl, 3 Ntrl etc etc)? Is this for you to create your own? The all seem equally editable?


hmm, i'm stumped. don't know anything about the creative styles really. i just shoot raw in either standard with contrast turned down and sharpness turned up (for ease of focusing composing) or b&w with contrast turned up.




Mar 30, 2014 at 06:30 AM
R.Young
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #15 · p.190 #15 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


Ok, that's for your input anyway. I'll put it down to shooting into the sun, and make sure I pay attention to the preview when I do


Mar 30, 2014 at 07:05 AM
R.Young
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #16 · p.190 #16 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


Just found out DRO was set to Auto, I'm assuming that could have been it? I've turn this off (it only works with JPEGs anyway) and gone back to RAW only, so hopefully shouldn't see this happen again.


Mar 30, 2014 at 07:54 PM
Jonas B
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.190 #17 · p.190 #17 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


Well, I assume your assumption is correct. I have everything auto turned off, pretty much like the situation sebboh describes above, and I've never run into the problem you described. Please try again and report nack if you still got tre same problem.


Mar 30, 2014 at 09:33 PM
R.Young
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #18 · p.190 #18 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


Does anyone know if the rx1 comes with a plastic peel off cover on the LCD from new? It looks as though mine does but I don't want to try and peel it off in case it's not removable and I end up scratching the screen


Apr 01, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Jochenb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #19 · p.190 #19 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


R.Young wrote:
Does anyone know if the rx1 comes with a plastic peel off cover on the LCD from new? It looks as though mine does but I don't want to try and peel it off in case it's not removable and I end up scratching the screen


I believe both my copies didn't have any plastic cover on the screen. I'm not sure, it's been a while.




Apr 01, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Richie S
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.190 #20 · p.190 #20 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)


I picked up a refurb recently and it did have the plastic cover - sort of matted.

I replaced it with the Sony screen protector which I'm actually very very happy with, which is weird as I always hate protectors on my phones.



Apr 02, 2014 at 12:04 AM
1       2       3              189      
190
       191       192       193       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              189      
190
       191       192       193       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password