Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              185      
       187              190       191       end

Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

rittrato
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.186 #1 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Thanks. That's what I thought. $1950 appears to be a great deal, it's a local sale too so I get to see the camera.
Tariq Gibran wrote:
Sort of hard to say as the price seems to vary widely. Just looking at ebay completed auctions, some have sold for as little as $2000-$2100 but as much as around 2500 recently. I would say a "good" price would be at that lower range.

edit. $1950 is probably a good deal if it's in Mint shape.

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Jochenb
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.186 #2 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

1950 dollar looks like a great price to me.

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.186 #3 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Do you guys know how to check shutter count of RX1? thanks.

Jan 04, 2014 at 01:35 AM
helimat
• • • •
p.186 #4 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

rittrato wrote:
Hey guys, what's a good used price for a 3 month old RX1R? The owner claims the camera has about 2500 actuations. It is in mint condition.

The seller was asking $1950 for it.

For the 'r' that is a pretty good price.

Jan 04, 2014 at 01:45 AM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.186 #5 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

zhangyue wrote:

anyone?

Jan 04, 2014 at 09:10 AM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.186 #6 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

zhangyue wrote:

EXIFtools works.

Jan 04, 2014 at 09:26 AM
justruss
• • • •
p.186 #7 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Jochenb wrote:
1950 dollar looks like a great price to me.

For a mint RX1r, I think that's a good price. But I bet that price drops by $200 to $400 over the next 6 months. It seems the non-r version is going for as cheap as $1500, and as high as $2000.

Jan 04, 2014 at 09:39 AM
Kibsgaard
• •
p.186 #8 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

davewolfs wrote:
Steve Huff might be enthusiastic but I think he has every reason to be. Realistically there isn't much wrong with this camera other than cost.

Could not agree more - and when you think about it: No charger, an overpriced hood, and a not inexpensive e-finder, then it is legal to be demanding.

But I can not help to love the colors at night-shooting, where this camera shines IMHO.

Some will say they are a bit oversaturated, but not me, I love this way in the night-shots.

Jan 04, 2014 at 03:12 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • •
p.186 #9 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Jonas B wrote:
EXIFtools works.

Are you sure? It does not appear that Sony embeds shutter count info into the RX1 EXIF's. File number alone is not accurate of course as it can easily be reset. If you have found the shutter count using EXIFtools, I would be very curious which version of EXIFtool you used and which tag you found as I can't seem to find the shutter count using EXIFtools with RX1 files.

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:27 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.186 #10 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Tariq: I'll check that as soon as possible. I hope I'm not mixing it up with the A7. Stay tuned.

Jan 04, 2014 at 04:38 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jonas B
• • • •
p.186 #11 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

zhangyue and Tariq:
This is embarrassing. I just got home to check the shutter count of my RX1 by loading the last image taken in EXIFTool. You are right - the tag isn't there. My mistake - I was thinking about the Sony A7 which I checked the other day (btw; my A7 has 4 more clicks than my file numbers indicate. So there is some QC over at Sony).

I'm sorry for this.
There is probably some secret and complicated way to push a lot of camera buttons to find out but we'll need either a maniac or a camera technician to learn about that.

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:09 PM
zhangyue
• • • •
p.186 #12 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Thanks for the time appreciate! No wonder google search did not bring me anything. I seems remember both Tariq and Douglas report shutter count at the time they got camera from amazon, I thought there must be a way I am missing. I got one from amazon recently, it comes with no lens cap at$1719+ tax. I will request either exchange or a lens cap. 3505xxxx. Is this indicate later or early model?

Jonas B wrote:
zhangyue and Tariq:
This is embarrassing. I just got home to check the shutter count of my RX1 by loading the last image taken in EXIFTool. You are right - the tag isn't there. My mistake - I was thinking about the Sony A7 which I checked the other day (btw; my A7 has 4 more clicks than my file numbers indicate. So there is some QC over at Sony).

I'm sorry for this.
There is probably some secret and complicated way to push a lot of camera buttons to find out but we'll need either a maniac or a camera technician
...Show more

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:19 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • •
p.186 #13 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Jonas, no need to be embarrassed. It is a Sony issue. It would be cool if we know of a secret button combo to reveal shutter count.

Jan 04, 2014 at 06:29 PM
davewolfs
• • •
p.186 #14 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

How do you folks apply lens correction for RAW?

Jan 04, 2014 at 08:47 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.186 #15 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Lightroom: Develop>Lens Corrections>Profile>Enable Profile Correction, Setup

Jan 04, 2014 at 08:58 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • •
p.186 #16 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

davewolfs wrote:
How do you folks apply lens correction for RAW?

I very seldom use it at all myself. It will of course crop the image a little bit and result in some softness in the corners compared to not using it in regards to distortion correction.

Jan 04, 2014 at 09:15 PM
davewolfs
• • •
p.186 #17 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Just a recommendation on a product which I quite like.

I picked up a think tank mirrorless mover 5 which holds this camera quite well. What I like best is the belt strap and magnetic closing top. Makes for a pretty compact and robust package for carrying the RX1 out for the entire day. It's a bit goofy looking to have a pack on your side, but you can rotate it around which isn't too bad.

Jan 04, 2014 at 09:58 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • •
p.186 #18 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

^^ I ended up going with the 10 a while back as it is large enough to accommodate the RX1 with the EVF attached (which creates a fairly odd shape). I have not tried the 5 but suspect from it's interior dimensions it might not work as above with the EVF attached.

Bag fetish is a disease! I also have a few other smallish bags and out of all of them, I seem to prefer carrying my RX1 in either the Think Tank Retrospective 5, which is much larger than the two above, or the slightly smaller ONA Bowery. Both work well if you need a little more room for other stuff but don't want to travel too big.
Here is the ONA with my RX1(which I posted 3-4 months back).

Jan 04, 2014 at 10:56 PM
sebboh
• • • • •
p.186 #19 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Tariq Gibran wrote:
I very seldom use it at all myself. It will of course crop the image a little bit and result in some softness in the corners compared to not using it in regards to distortion correction.

+1

i pretty much only use it if i have architectural lines running close to the edges. people shots look better with the distortion.

Jan 04, 2014 at 11:27 PM
davewolfs
• • •
p.186 #20 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

Think Tank Retro 5 is a great bag but way bigger than the RX1 needs. I can carry a D700 and 2 lenses in that bag.

Did not use the mirrorless 10 or the EVF. But I think it could fit with the OVF or at least lay in the case.

I still find the mirrorless 5 bigger than I would like so don't think I would go up to the 10. In short, if you just have a wrist strap and want to be able to bring the camera everywhere with you so that you never miss out an opportunity this belt bag works great.

Jan 05, 2014 at 12:20 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password