Upload & Sell: Off
| p.166 #8 · Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens) |
As I mentioned a few pages back, I've been using a LowePro Apex 60 AW as my super-minimal bag for the RX1+OVF attached. However, while it works well with the sturdy Voigtlander OVF attached, I can't speak to how it would behave with the Sony EVF attached.
BTW, there was a little microfiber divider in the Apex 60 AW that I cut out of the bag, in order to make a larger, single compartment inside the bag.
1) Pic of bag contents:
2) I put the ND filter into the sunglasses microfiber bag, then I put that combo into the little velvet bag, along with a spare SD and battery on each side of the ND filter (the microfiber bag protects the ND from the battery and SD):
3) I put my cleaning cloth in the little cargo net, and I place the velvet bag into the bottom corner of the Apex:
4) The RX1 (+OVF and wrist strap) then slides in with the lens facing forward, and my little velvet bag positions itself kind of next to the OVF and above the flash area of the camera. It is a very snug fit, but it works, even with the OVF attached, as well as a B+W UV filter + 49mm-->37mm step down ring being used as a hood:
5) Shot of Apex 60 AW from front with contents inside:
6) View from above:
7) With all-weather cover extended, albeit pretty tightly. This little cover unfolds from the back of the bag where it stows away:
All in all, I can't really imagine a smaller bag for the RX1, and it's great to have the all weather cover handy. Plus, I've got Billinghams, Artist & Artisan, etc., bags laying around, and while they're beautiful, you can't argue with the LowePro Apex 60 AW for only twenty-something bucks, if you want super small.
p.s. my Apex 60 AW is a few years old, so it may be a little more pliable than a brand new one, but who knows?
Edited on Aug 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM · View previous versions