New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · EPL1 lens adapter

campeon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · EPL1 lens adapter

I assume the answer to this is "No", however I have this lens http://www.abelcine.com/store/Century-3x-Fisheye-Lens-Adapter-for-PD150-VX2000/
..And I am curious if there is an adapter for the EPL1 that can work it.

Does anyone have any links or info on where I can learn more about adapters for this type of camera and types of lens that are potentially usable?

Any help is thoroughly appreciated.

Thanks

Sep 09, 2012 at 11:17 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · EPL1 lens adapter

You wouldn't want to mount that lens directly to any camera because it has no aperture - it's merely an add-on, much like a filter would be. If you know the thread size on it, you may be able to mount it directly to a lens, or use an appropriate step-up or step-down ring.

Sep 09, 2012 at 01:35 PM
campeon

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · EPL1 lens adapter

Thanks for the reply.

Are there any sites that good a good job of breaking down the world of lens and their adaptability to different cameras through adapters?

Sep 09, 2012 at 01:41 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · EPL1 lens adapter

Try the alternative gear forum right here on FM.

Sep 09, 2012 at 01:42 PM
Roland W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · EPL1 lens adapter

That adapter is an add on that is made to fit on the front of the existing lens of specific models of Sony camcorders, and has a large bayonet mount that likely only fits those Sony camcorders.

The link you gave has no details of how it is to be used. Here is the link to the same item on B&H, and you can read a little more. But in general you do not want to even consider something like this unless you have one of the Sony camcorders it fits on.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/212877-REG/Century_Precision_Optics_0DS_FEWA_SB_DS_FEWA_SB_3x_Ultra_Fish_eye.html

Sep 09, 2012 at 05:35 PM
campeon

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · EPL1 lens adapter

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I realize that it is probably a lost cause, just wanted to make sure as I have one sitting around.

Sep 09, 2012 at 05:38 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.