Upload & Sell: Off
My first mini review. Nothing scientific, just went out yesterday to try my new filter system.
I just got the Hitech, because I was tired of waiting for the Lee Bigstopper to be in stock.
I was aware of the blue cast that this filter is known for, but I thought I'd try it out anyway.
In short, the results straight from the camera are not good. A $140 filter should perform better.
It takes a lot of radical adjustments in ACR/Photoshop to get the image anywhere close to natural looking.
Cokin Z-Pro filter holder
Images as follows:
1) Hitech filtered image straight out of ACR.
2) Same image with lots of adjustments in ACR.
3) A shot without the filter taken just prior, straight out of ACR.
1) Not very promising for color images.
2) I will likely use the 10-stop for mostly b&w, so the color issue may be something I just live with.
3) I want to compare it to the Lee, if I ever get it, but I'm still contemplating a return to get my money back.
4) I'll need to do more testing maybe with another camera and lens combo.