Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              11       12       end

Archive 2012 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

tsdevine
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Anyone else in an endless wait for this lens? Last guidance for US was delivery end of August, which changed to guidance from Zeiss Germany by end of August. Now it's just pretty quiet.

Wondering if anyone else has heard anything...

-Tim

Sep 08, 2012 at 09:23 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Maybe they run out of glass..

Zeiss seems to have issue with delivering anything to US lately.

Sep 08, 2012 at 10:02 PM
S Dilworth
• •
p.1 #3 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Mescalamba wrote:
Maybe they run out of glass..

There’s something pretty funny about that idea. I’m picturing someone in Oberkochen on the phone to someone in Nakano saying, ‘But I sent you two tonnes of N-SF6 last week! Where did it go?!’

Sep 08, 2012 at 11:12 PM
hiepphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

To the Samyang site?

Sep 08, 2012 at 11:30 PM
rji2goleez
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

tsdevine wrote:
Anyone else in an endless wait for this lens? Last guidance for US was delivery end of August, which changed to guidance from Zeiss Germany by end of August. Now it's just pretty quiet.

Wondering if anyone else has heard anything...

-Tim

Yes, yes, yes! It seems like it's just too quiet . . . no news, no predictions, nothing about when to expect this lens. Mine is back ordered at B&H and I just get periodic notices saying it's still back ordered . . . frustrating.

Sep 08, 2012 at 11:49 PM
tsdevine
• • •
p.1 #6 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Well, at least I'm not the only one. I want a quality lens, so better they get it right than to ship out something not up to par. I know they quoted large number of orders, glass shortages, tweaking, etc. Just wish things would get resolved, wanted to shoot autumn waterfalls in October. (As well as this past spring which didn't work out either.)

-Tim

Sep 09, 2012 at 01:45 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Don't get upset guys, the shortages will only push the price up, so after you get your copy you can sell it for a huge profit

Sep 09, 2012 at 03:40 AM
joakim
• • •
p.1 #8 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

I ordered mine this week and asked at the same time if they had an ETA and the reply I got was "It will arrive at the end of the month if everything goes as planned". Feel free to interpret the second half of that quote in any way you want.

Sep 09, 2012 at 06:26 AM
wiseguy010
• • •
p.1 #9 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

I am also waiting for several months. The last message I got from Zeiss was that it would be delivered the end of August.

I hope I will get it before the beautiful fall colours up here.

I can't imagine that high order numbers are causing this delay. How many should they have sold? I suppose a few hundred max.

Sep 09, 2012 at 09:03 AM
tsdevine
• • •
p.1 #10 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

I ordered late March, the first delay from end of May to late June/early July was due to them "tweaking" the lens. They did also mention the high number of orders and that there was a shortage in glass (or something like that.) Not sure I remember the exact reason given for the slippage from then until end of August.

I did hear an unofficial rumor it might be mid October until it ships to Zeiss USA, which would probably put it early to early November for the dealers to deliver it to end customers. All the leaves will be down by then for the locations I like to shoot. So my guess is that's when it will be....

-Tim

Sep 09, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rji2goleez
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Meanwhile, they're getting ready to announce a slew of new lenses at Photokina.

Sep 09, 2012 at 12:57 PM
tsdevine
• • •
p.1 #12 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

So latest word is that some lenses coming to Zeiss USA by mid October...so hopefully some of us will be seeing them shortly after.

-Tim

Sep 19, 2012 at 02:53 AM
tsdevine
• • •
p.1 #13 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

B&H has posted an expected availability of 10/16, which corroborates what I hear from my dealer. I thought that's when Zeiss USA would receive the lens...so it would be a little after that until dealers get them. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Would like to see comparison against 17L TS-E and 14-24G.

Sep 22, 2012 at 07:09 PM
tsdevine
• • •
p.1 #15 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Unfortunately I won't be able to make that comparison, I'm sure we'll see it eventually though. I'll be able to compare it to is the 16-35 II.

-Tim

Sep 22, 2012 at 09:42 PM
magiclight
• •
p.1 #16 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Lloyd Chambers did a comparison between the Zeiss 15mm and the 14-24.

The Zeiss was better wide open or there abouts and the 14-24mm perhaps the better of the two when stopped down.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Thorsten
• • •
p.1 #17 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

I'm still waiting for a 17mm TS lens with F mount. 15mm without shift is not that useful to me, certainly not for $3000.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM
wiseguy010
• • •
p.1 #18 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

magiclight wrote:
Lloyd Chambers did a comparison between the Zeiss 15mm and the 14-24.

The Zeiss was better wide open or there abouts and the 14-24mm perhaps the better of the two when stopped down.

Yes, but het spent a lot of time dealing with the focus-shift of the 14-24. Who will do that in daily practice?

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM
mMontag
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Zeiss 15 vs Nikon 14-24 vs Samyang 14.........

http://www.3d-kraft.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127:uwa-comparison&catid=40:camerasandlenses&Itemid=2

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Zeiss 15mm support group?

Thanks Mark! Nice review and it seems to have the same conclusions as Lloyd.
TS-E 17 should compete well too stopped down as it is sharp corner to corner and has little distortion and has shift which I like for architecture type shooting, especially at this wide angle of a lens.

Sep 23, 2012 at 05:38 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password