Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Including gear and settings with posted shots - why?

Vernon Sampson

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Including gear and settings with posted shots - why?

Because it allows all to compare the range and quality of various products. Whether a subject
was captured with a mirrorless 4/3 camera, a canon 17-40L or a 16-35L II would expand our options. Just saying wish more would do so, especially the truely talented who take such capture such great images. Let us know as often as possible whether we are seeing a right out of the camera no processed image or not. Yeah, some do it but not enough of the regular contributors with excellent skills seem to do it. Often people ask, what were the settings, what gear used. The more we share the better we all can be.

Sep 08, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Including gear and settings with posted shots - why?

I would say it depends on what forum you post in. If it's a gear talking forum, then it's very nice. But in all the presentation forums here at FM, I don't like to do that with every image

Sep 09, 2012 at 08:03 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Including gear and settings with posted shots - why?

+1 to Lars reply. FWIW, I always try and leave my Exif intact...so curious viewers are just a click
away from viewing most of what they need to know. Download a good "reader" and use it.
(I'm onna Mac and use Jeffery's & Reveal, there are lots of freebies out there)

Sep 09, 2012 at 08:25 AM
Rodney O
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Including gear and settings with posted shots - why?

+1 for including the exif data with posted photos.

Having the exif data with posted photos is really useful, for beginners as well as experts. [I'd like to think I fall in the middle of that grouping, btw. ]

It certainly lets us learn what others have been able to do to get a particular shot. The more amazing the photo, the more I want to see "how in the world did he/she get that shot".

Sep 09, 2012 at 12:22 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Including gear and settings with posted shots - why?

EXIF data is a great way to go but I haven't found a way yet to view it in Safari on my iPad. So I appreciate seeing it on the sports images I see.

Sep 09, 2012 at 09:36 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.