Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

Archive 2012 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

LightShow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

An SR5 rumor....
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-hot-surprise-super-secret-nex-camera-to-be-announced-on-september-12th
The terms “professional NEX camera” & “Game Changer” were used.

Also Steve Huff said:
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/09/07/photokina-2012-it-may-be-the-best-ever/
Man, today is a good day. It is Friday and in about one half hour I will be meeting with Sony USA as they show me all of the new gear they are releasing at Photokina! Even the gear that has not leaked yet and yes, the NEX-6 as well.

I hope it's FF

Sep 08, 2012 at 03:11 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

It is game changer if it is FF. I expect retail $3000 with 36M D800 sensor.
This will be a hot one for sure.

Sep 08, 2012 at 03:19 AM
ulrikft2
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

If it is fullframe, I'm getting it. Period.

Sep 08, 2012 at 03:24 AM
zhangyue
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

Correct me if I am wrong, if FF, the color corner might be less or comparable to NEX-7 for less pixel density.

Sep 08, 2012 at 03:28 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

i'll go broke and order the ff nex and the three new e-mount lenses from zeiss.

Sep 08, 2012 at 03:34 AM
allofthelights

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

zhangyue wrote:
It is game changer if it is FF. I expect retail $3000 with 36M D800 sensor.
This will be a hot one for sure.

I believe Nikon has a 1 year exclusivity deal on that sensor. The A99 will not use it, for instance, and I doubt a full frame Nex would.

Sep 08, 2012 at 03:59 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

It is the Nex 7 successor and has a crop sensor. Don't get too excited!

Sep 08, 2012 at 04:06 AM
jonrock
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

I'm not sure if it will be full frame. It might just be APS-C sensor Nex with weather sealing, more external controls, and better build quality.

Sep 08, 2012 at 04:20 AM
frezeiss
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

So there is a NEX 5R, 6 and the NEX PRO, total 3 cameras in a space of a month..Quite absurd, they need 3 lenses not 3 new cameras. I dont think it will be FF, Sony is already lacking for lenses in their APS-C E-mount..

Sep 08, 2012 at 04:28 AM
safcraft
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

Sony will never launch a product like a FF camera with no lenses to go with it.
If a FF camera is to be, then i believe it would be huge anouncement with at least 2 new lenses and IF TRUE , the best damn well kept secret until now !! Not likely....

Sep 08, 2012 at 04:29 AM
philber
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

Of course any notion of a high-end NEX body raises the issue of lenses. Today's lenses are generally very good VFM, but at a price/value point below that of, say, NEX 7. So going higher-end yet without higher-end lenses would be daft, wouldn't it?

Sep 08, 2012 at 04:30 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

edwardkaraa wrote:

Are you sure? I don't understand how it can be a "game changer" if it's still APS-C. Unless by game changer they mean you can play games on it via the new app system

A couple of new e-mount Zeiss lenses would be an interesting addition. But I'd still personally wait for something full-frame, from someone, before committing to a second system.

Sep 08, 2012 at 06:26 AM
edwardkaraa
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

ricardovaste wrote:
Are you sure? I don't understand how it can be a "game changer" if it's still APS-C. Unless by game changer they mean you can play games on it via the new app system

A couple of new e-mount Zeiss lenses would be an interesting addition. But I'd still personally wait for something full-frame, from someone, before committing to a second system.

That's what I've been told, but I'm not sure how serious was the person who told me. I personally wish it's FF.

Sep 08, 2012 at 06:33 AM
rioni
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

To be a game changer there would have to be a significant change to the sensor or by adding FF. Sure hope it's FF

Sep 08, 2012 at 06:35 AM
alwang
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

frezeiss wrote:
So there is a NEX 5R, 6 and the NEX PRO, total 3 cameras in a space of a month..Quite absurd, they need 3 lenses not 3 new cameras.

Good thing there will also be 3 new lenses.

Sep 08, 2012 at 07:32 AM
FlyPenFly
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

Awesome a FF sensor... with what NEX lens?

I'm seriously getting rid of my NEX system if they release yet more fricking bodies and mediocre zooms.

Sep 08, 2012 at 08:20 AM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

edwardkaraa wrote:

ricardovaste wrote:

edwardkaraa wrote:
That's what I've been told, but I'm not sure how serious was the person who told me. I personally wish it's FF.

To quote the SAR Admin

no, it’s not an updated NEX-7!

I'm with rioni, using the term "Game Changer" implies a major change, and it will have to be more than ergonomics, a boost in AF speed, weather proofing, or more FPS...
Things I would call a "Game Changer":
A 5MP EVF with high dynamic range.
a FF sensor
An Organic hybrid sensor with super low noise, and no issues with corner/high angle performance.

Sep 08, 2012 at 08:20 AM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

zhangyue wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, if FF, the color corner might be less or comparable to NEX-7 for less pixel density.

Not an issue for me, most of my FF lenses are compact SLR lenses as I'm one of the few who actually prefers the size of the NEX lenses (they handle very nicely). Most of my SLR lenses are similar in size when combined with an adapter.

Sep 08, 2012 at 08:26 AM
briantho
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

FlyPenFly wrote:

I'm seriously getting rid of my NEX system if they release yet more fricking bodies and mediocre zooms.

Like you wouldn't pre-order a FF NEX the minute it's available...

Sep 08, 2012 at 08:39 AM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · NEX PRO announcment on Sept. 12th ?

FlyPenFly wrote:

Don't expect that to stop. They need to keep the consumer bodies on a ~1 year release cycle to keep the line fresh and in retail stores (and selling, bodies over 1 year old only sell upmarket where the buyers typically have a much better idea what they want). And consumer zooms are a proven money maker. Frankly Sony's been very good with the consumer zooms, aside from splitting the 18-200 into a consumer version and a pro video version (from the original which was aimed more at pro video but lacked the desired Power Zoom), Sony has not released any duplicate consumer zooms. It's Micro 4/3rds that's awash in mediocre zooms (as well as some very good ones) which all duplicate each other.

I don't expect either of the new zooms coming next week to be 'mediocre', I expect one to be quite good but oriented towards video and/or compact zoom fans, same as the Panasonic X zooms (that's the 16-50) and the other to be an very good ultra-wide, probably with a couple oddities (as all the Sony ultra-wides have had).

As to an FF body, it would work well for me. That said, I'd probably end up pairing it with a mix of ZF lenses and compact AI/AI-S lenses. I'll be keeping my NEX-7 and ZA24 though (probably use it as a light carry kit in this case, paired with a compact 50-60mm)

Sep 08, 2012 at 08:45 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.