Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Docked in Bermuda

carnac
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Docked in Bermuda

Had a great cruise to Bermuda last week. Just beat the Hurricane.

carnac 2012

Celebrity Summit docked in Bermuda

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    16mm    f/11.0    1/320s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 07, 2012 at 04:56 AM
jeraldcook
• • •
p.1 #2 · Docked in Bermuda

Love the concept but my eyes are torn between following the steps on the left out to the horizon and the mooring lines on the right leading up to the bow.

Nice image none the less.

Edited on Sep 07, 2012 at 03:47 PM · View previous versions

Sep 07, 2012 at 05:25 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Docked in Bermuda

I agree with Jerald about the conflict in leading lines and might look at a crop from left to alleviate it.
Douglas

Sep 07, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Dennis M 1064
• •
p.1 #4 · Docked in Bermuda

I can understand both comments. Not necessarily agree, but I 'get it'. You could bring down the steps and maybe the sky on the upper left, to push the eye towards the ship and the mooring lines. Compositionally, for me, It held me between those two angles, that of the steps and the lines. With the tone of the steps, I agree, it did become somewhat strong as I looked longer, but at first glance, they were rails leading my eye to the ship. A crop from the left would just be less, but not better. It would center the ship, and that would weaken the image.

I think PP is the fix. The steps running out, somewhat juxtaposed to the mooring lines, are connected by the white hull stripe, delineated by the dark blue (black?) hull paint. Yup, I believe it is a tonal issue. I would pay particular attention to bringing down the stone deck area to the left. I would not crop it, but I would bring it down to enhance the line of the step. It may reveal the 'z' pattern I am referring to with the steps/hull/mooring lines.

Go play with it and come back. Then lets see what happens.

Cheers,
Dennis

Sep 07, 2012 at 01:20 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password