Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1DX-really pushing the boundaries

Gigi Marga
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 1DX-really pushing the boundaries

I don`t want to turn this forum into a wedding one (we already have one), I promise that's the last time ... but in the end it is the images we get with these cameras. This time I went from 5000 all way to 25600 ISO
http://fotoperiodismodeboda.net/?p=546

Sep 06, 2012 at 10:21 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · 1DX-really pushing the boundaries

Very nice, Gigi.
The highest I went was ISO 6400, and the results were OK, although I had to use NR. Those were shots of birds, with some crop enlargement and a bit tricky shadows.

What is much more important to me is that up to and including ISO 1600, I do not see any noise, and only at ISO 3200 I start to see it, but NR is still at my discretion, i.e., usually not really required.

Sep 06, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Gigi Marga
• •
p.1 #3 · 1DX-really pushing the boundaries

PetKal wrote:
Very nice, Gigi.
The highest I went was ISO 6400, and the results were OK, although I had to use NR. Those were shots of birds, with some crop enlargement and a bit tricky shadows.

What is much more important to me is that up to and including ISO 1600, I do not see any noise, and only at ISO 3200 I start to see it, but NR is still at my discretion, i.e., usually not really required.

Thank you,
wedding photography is another kind of beast, and when you print the photos on paper, part of the grain is lost, this is why I donīt use the NR at all.

Sep 06, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AGeoJO
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · 1DX-really pushing the boundaries

They really look "clean" to me . Were you shooting in-camera JPG or RAW and later converted to JPG for the web?

Sep 06, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Gigi Marga
• •
p.1 #5 · 1DX-really pushing the boundaries

AGeoJO wrote:
They really look "clean" to me . Were you shooting in-camera JPG or RAW and later converted to JPG for the web?

always RAW and later the conversion in Lr4

Sep 06, 2012 at 12:22 PM
PhilDrinkwater
• • •
p.1 #6 · 1DX-really pushing the boundaries

I had a pre-release 1dx and took it to a wedding. I decided the furthest I was happy going was 12800 for reception (evening) shots (processed in LR with NR).

With the 5d3 I'll put it to 8000 maybe but 6400 is generally as far as I'll go.

Sep 06, 2012 at 12:56 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password