Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Photoshop Elements for iMac Question

wmb7

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Photoshop Elements for iMac Question

I recently installed Photoshop Elements 10 onto my iMac. Up until then I had been using iPhoto to manage my pictures. It seems that Photoshop wants to upload all 17,000 photos in order for me to organize and process them. Should I, and do I need to, upload all of my pictures to Photoshop? And if I do upload all of them to Photoshop, is that taking up twice as much space on my computer because they are stored in two different places? Would I then have to delete them all from iPhoto? Should I uninstall iPhoto altogether?

Thanks

Sep 04, 2012 at 08:05 PM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Photoshop Elements for iMac Question

I think the best advice is to buy 'Photoshop Elements 10: The Missing Manual' by Barbara Brundage. The books in The Missing Manual series are very good and I'm sure the one for Elements would be well worth the $23.73 it's going for at Amazon. You will then know what you're doing. Elements is a great program and you'll be glad you got it.

I would not delete iPhoto. When you have Elements up and running, you appoint Elements as the program to open your photos and manage them.

Sep 05, 2012 at 09:36 AM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #3 · Photoshop Elements for iMac Question

wmb7 wrote:
I recently installed Photoshop Elements 10 onto my iMac. Up until then I had been using iPhoto to manage my pictures. It seems that Photoshop wants to upload all 17,000 photos in order for me to organize and process them. Should I, and do I need to, upload all of my pictures to Photoshop? And if I do upload all of them to Photoshop, is that taking up twice as much space on my computer because they are stored in two different places? Would I then have to delete them all from iPhoto? Should I uninstall iPhoto altogether?

Thanks

If you set the drive/folder in the preferences to point to where they are currently stored, PSE should only create a catalog of your images.

Sep 05, 2012 at 01:13 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password