Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · LR4 & PS CS6 Extended

Rahul Kaw
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR4 & PS CS6 Extended

I currently use LR4. I have the opportunity to buy PS CS6 extended at a heavily discounted price ( 250) . I am not a professional photographer just an amateur. I have no idea what I am going to do with PS if I buy it.

Should I pull the trigger?

Sep 03, 2012 at 10:37 PM
hugowolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR4 & PS CS6 Extended

Rahul Kaw wrote:
I currently use LR4. I have the opportunity to buy PS CS6 extended at a heavily discounted price ( 250) . I am not a professional photographer just an amateur. I have no idea what I am going to do with PS if I buy it.
Should I pull the trigger?

If you have no idea what you want it for, then I would forego the ‘pleasure’.

The main reason for it would be the use of layers and layer masking for applying modification to selective areas of your images. It also has more extensive cloning tools, better corrections for ultra wide lenses, text on images, and probably several things that I can’t remember off hand.

I had to use it today to extend an image for a gallery wrap and apply selective cloning to soften skin highlights, neither of which I could do in LR.

For most things PS Elements is a better buy. Or there are plugins for LR for layers.

Is there something specific that you want to do that LR doesn’t do?

Brian A

Sep 04, 2012 at 01:03 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR4 & PS CS6 Extended

+1 @ layers/masking and additional correction tools, etc.

CS6 could likely last you for many years ... giving you time to learn how to use it to your needs as you grow with it.

If you use it very little ... then you'll likely not outgrow it (this version) for many years & iterations. If you learn to use it a lot in your future workflow, then it becomes an investment. Kinda depends on your future/investment perspective on your longer term goals.

IF you have long term goals of "upping" your game (vs. a pragmatic need now), it can still be a worthy move (at that price) despite not having an immediate need ... unless you are "jonesing" to learn ... and that can be an immediate need in its own right.

Sep 04, 2012 at 01:13 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password