Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2012 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

sparrks
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Just trying to get a feel as to where the street price is going. My local camera shop has one in the window with a ticket price of 2679 I see it being sub 2.5k by christmas. Any thoughts?

Sep 03, 2012 at 12:10 PM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

I don't know about street price, but I've been pretty tempted by the grey imports now under 2k...!

Sep 03, 2012 at 03:13 PM
sparrks
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

I haven't seen anything that low (2k)

Sep 03, 2012 at 03:52 PM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

I'm not sure of the rules in here for posting links to a shops website...

The cheapest I have seen are currently out of stock, but they have the 5D3 for 2100 and you can also get 5% off by paying via BACS. So that's just under 2k, although I forgot about P&P which is 9.99. Personally I was unsure about the site, but there are plenty of happy customers on other forums that I belong to.

I'm really tempted to sell my 1Ds2 and 7D to finance one... but I'm going to try and hold out to see if the price drops nearer Christmas.

Sep 03, 2012 at 04:24 PM
parsons
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Paul,

I thought we had discussed this issue!

Dont DO IT

Sep 03, 2012 at 06:46 PM
sparrks
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

It's got a long way to go yet Simon. 2k is my entry point. Although if my current MKII died dunno what I'd do. Got to admit it does handle nicely and all those extra focus points are nice........will be able to focus my CZ lenses much easier

Sep 03, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Beni
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod2676.html

Sep 04, 2012 at 08:19 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Amazon UK have them for 2480 GBP. And for 2509 GBP if you like fullfilled by Amazon and including delivery.
The also sell it for less than 3k Euro in very good shops in the Netherlands. And it will still have the warranty and everything else.

Sep 04, 2012 at 09:22 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Panamoz are the company that have it for 2100 (less 5% is paying BACS), with 1 year warranty provided by Panamoz. Currently out of stock though.

Digital Rev have it for 2139 at the moment and is in stock. Also with 1 year warranty.

Sep 04, 2012 at 09:47 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

jj_glos wrote:
Panamoz are the company that have it for 2100 (less 5% is paying BACS), with 1 year warranty provided by Panamoz. Currently out of stock though.

Digital Rev have it for 2139 at the moment and is in stock. Also with 1 year warranty.

But isn't they the shops that import and sell grey market stuff from China/Hongkong. So you don't have any Canon warranty. And maybe other issues also?

Sep 04, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

This is from Digital Rev. Not something I would do to "maybe" save 200 GBP. And certainly be without warranty in the UK

"Import Handling for non-Hong Kong customers
For most overseas delivery addresses, we apply an Import Handling surcharge for handling the importation of the order into your country of delivery. As importing products from overseas can be a hassle for most of our international customers, we choose to handle this process on your behalf by adding a surcharge to your order total. The purpose of this charge is to simplify the process of buying internationally and make budgeting easier for your purchases.

Once you have paid the Import Handling Fee, we will handle all the following costs should they occur during customs clearance:
Any Import Tax and/or Duty in your country
Any courier's Free Domicile handling charge (Duties and Tax Forwarding Surcharge)
Any Local Customs clearance fee

The fee also covers our administrative costs. The final total is all you have to pay to have the order delivered to your door without delay. Please note that you are the importer of the order, and it is your responsibility to check with your local Customs regarding matters of import restrictions/prohibited goods.

Note: We calculate Import Handling based on many factors, such as the base price of the order, the shipping costs, couriers' rates and country of delivery."

Sep 04, 2012 at 10:13 AM
sparrks
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

My local camera store is run by some great people and are very helpful, I have used them for the last 10 years and have bought all but one of my bodies from them. Several months ago I went in and had a play with the 5D3, lovely camera and no obligation to buy. This service and accessability to gear costs.
I would be sad to see this shop go out of business and have to buy blind on the net, I always head for this shop and ask if they can match or get near the online prices. So far everytime they have priced matched on the bodies I have purchased, I would rather pay a bit extra for the conveniance of being able to just turn up and try the gear out.
I hate people that use these shops as a place of trying gear out, wasting the time of the staff and then to save a few quid buy eslwhere.

Sep 04, 2012 at 10:31 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Lars Johnsson wrote:
But isn't they the shops that import and sell grey market stuff from China/Hongkong. So you don't have any Canon warranty. And maybe other issues also?

You get a warranty from the company local in the UK. They cover any fees on import, I've never paid any that's for sure. As I said above I'm unsure about Panamoz, but loads of people are using them and they are flavour of the month so to speak (not surprising with a 5D3 at 2k!). I've used Digital Rev plenty of times in the past with no issue.

Sep 04, 2012 at 10:55 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

sparrks wrote:
My local camera store is run by some great people and are very helpful, I have used them for the last 10 years and have bought all but one of my bodies from them. Several months ago I went in and had a play with the 5D3, lovely camera and no obligation to buy. This service and accessability to gear costs.
I would be sad to see this shop go out of business and have to buy blind on the net, I always head for this shop and ask if they can match or get near the online prices. So far
...Show more

I don't disagree. Sadly the local shop I use still has the 5D3 at 2,739 so not even an option for me at the moment.

Sep 04, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

jj_glos wrote:
You get a warranty from the company local in the UK. They cover any fees on import, I've never paid any that's for sure. As I said above I'm unsure about Panamoz, but loads of people are using them and they are flavour of the month so to speak (not surprising with a 5D3 at 2k!). I've used Digital Rev plenty of times in the past with no issue.

But it's a grey market camera with grey market warranty. So you are in the hands of the Chinese/Hongkong company. Or their local people. Canon don't touch it without getting money. And all normal shops in EU gives you a real warranty from 2 to 5 years depending on shop and country.

Sep 04, 2012 at 12:42 PM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

We only get 1 year warranty in the UK from Canon. The company (Mack) providing the 3rd party warranty is already widely used for extended warranties. They also use local service centres in the UK.

Sep 04, 2012 at 02:11 PM
rabbitmountain
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

Isn't this all Europe now and can't you just order one yourself from another country? At current Euro-pound rates 2700 GBP = 3400 Euro. That's really expensive compared to us.

Sep 04, 2012 at 03:25 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

rabbitmountain wrote:
Isn't this all Europe now and can't you just order one yourself from another country? At current Euro-pound rates 2700 GBP = 3400 Euro. That's really expensive compared to us.

+1

I buy a lot from many of the shops in the Netherlands. They are probably the best in Europe. And they take less than 3k euro for it

Sep 04, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

jj_glos wrote:
We only get 1 year warranty in the UK from Canon. The company (Mack) providing the 3rd party warranty is already widely used for extended warranties. They also use local service centres in the UK.

By law the warranty in all EU countries is at least two years. The EU directive 1999/44/EC. And it apply to all consumer goods.

Sep 04, 2012 at 03:38 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Best UK 5d3 Price (In stock)

sparrks wrote:
I would be sad to see this shop go out of business and have to buy blind on the net, I always head for this shop and ask if they can match or get near the online prices. So far
...Show more

Yes I agree. If your good local camera store can match or get close to the on-line prices that's the place to buy it in. But I would not pay 300-400 GBP more to get it in a local shop

Sep 04, 2012 at 03:52 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password