Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Please help me set up my new Epson 3880

erosebud

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Please help me set up my new Epson 3880

I have made a few prints on my Canon MP960. I have a Spyder4 Express and run LR3 on Windows 7 (32 bit, 4GB). I do a lot of reading here and in the magazines, and I have used Kelby's LR book (and, less so, Evening's). But I'm a slow learner, and though I'm convinced that the people who comment on these threads often see things far beyond my capacity, I also think I could get better.

Recently I was given (as a retirement gift) an Epson Stylus Pro 3880. I was surprised that the setup procedure didn't automatically include head alignment, so I may do that "manually." But in general I'd like a step-by-step to make sure that I have the right LR settings, printer and paper profiles, and so on. All of these things just whirl around in my head. Can someone tell me, or point me to a place that will tell me, the essentials steps and the correct order for getting off to a good start with this obviously fine piece of hardware?

Thanks for any help.

Sep 02, 2012 at 05:23 PM
AlexF
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Please help me set up my new Epson 3880

I would not over complicate things - as long as your monitor is color accurate, default epson profiles should do just fine. I have had 3880 for about a year and its an excellent printer that requires minimum maintenance... Just don't let it sit for months without printing - that would be asking for trouble as the heads will clog...

Sep 02, 2012 at 05:30 PM
TheBearman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Please help me set up my new Epson 3880

AlexF wrote:
... Just don't let it sit for months without printing - that would be asking for trouble as the heads will clog...

Printing a test page once a week should help with this.

Sep 03, 2012 at 01:06 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password