Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

Found in Oregon, comments appreciated.

I must add thanks to Lazlo and his toning action on #1.

regards,

Bob

NIKON D7000    17.0-55.0 mm f/2.8 lens    38mm    f/6.3    1/160s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D2X    12.0-24.0 mm f/4.0 lens    12mm    f/8.0    1/100s    200 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Sep 01, 2012 at 09:02 PM
tomandmarj
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

#1 is outstanding. wonderful treatment on the textures.
regards, tom

Sep 01, 2012 at 09:37 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

tomandmarj wrote:
regards, tom

Tom,

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

A softer, gentler approach for #2?

NIKON D2X    12mm    f/8.0    1/100s    200 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Sep 01, 2012 at 11:36 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

I like the first one too. The toning works beautifully.
I prefer the crispier of the two second image variations. Got the texture so go with it!
Scott

Sep 02, 2012 at 02:26 AM
srudy
• • •
p.1 #5 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

Ditto on the first image. On the second, I like the greater tonal contrast on the front wall in the first image. I'd consider toning down the contrast on the back wall and the floor, but not to the degree in your gentler image. I think that might keep the center of interest on the textures in the wall and keep the eye from wandering back and forth along the corridor. If that makes sense.

Sep 02, 2012 at 02:31 AM
wclavey
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

I'm of the opposite mind... I think that the crunchiness of the first version of #2 makes it harder to look at and examine in detail, while the second version draws you into the image to explore the detail in the rooms going back. I prefer the second version. Thanks for sharing these 2 versions.

Sep 02, 2012 at 05:49 PM
joe604
• •
p.1 #7 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

I like both versions even though they are quite different. But, I think I like the version you posted in the Critique Form the best. It is like #1, but not quite so crunchy.

Joe

Sep 02, 2012 at 07:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

sbeme wrote:
I like the first one too. The toning works beautifully.
I prefer the crispier of the two second image variations. Got the texture so go with it!
Scott

Scott,

Thanks - glad you like the first one too.

Bob

Sep 02, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

tomandmarj wrote:
regards, tom

Tom,

Thanks, first time I've been fortunate enough to achieve the tones in #1 - now if I could figure out why in that image and not others? But then it would not be any fun, either

Regards,

Bob

Sep 02, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

srudy wrote:
Ditto on the first image. On the second, I like the greater tonal contrast on the front wall in the first image. I'd consider toning down the contrast on the back wall and the floor, but not to the degree in your gentler image. I think that might keep the center of interest on the textures in the wall and keep the eye from wandering back and forth along the corridor. If that makes sense.

@srudy,

Thanks for the suggestion - my normal inclination is toward "harsh", but seeing #2 versus #2a the softness does appear more inviting, at least to me.

Regards,

Bob

Sep 02, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

wclavey wrote:
I'm of the opposite mind... I think that the crunchiness of the first version of #2 makes it harder to look at and examine in detail, while the second version draws you into the image to explore the detail in the rooms going back. I prefer the second version. Thanks for sharing these 2 versions.

@wclavey,

Thanks for your comments - re 2 versions? "indecisive" is my middle name. It is interesting to read the varying comments comparing the two. Somewhere in between is likely where I will land.

Regards,

Bob

Sep 02, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

joe604 wrote:
I like both versions even though they are quite different. But, I think I like the version you posted in the Critique Form the best. It is like #1, but not quite so crunchy.

Joe

Joe,

thanks for your thoughts, and comparing back to the PC post. I went back to correct the geometry and strayed from that point onward...

Regards,

Bob

Sep 02, 2012 at 11:08 PM
greenshutter

p.1 #13 · Racking Farmhouse - Interior

I really like the first photo! I also prefer the sharp version of the second one.

Sep 03, 2012 at 07:59 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password