Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

Bought two EN-EL4a batteries, not a high dollar sale by any means, ordered Monday 27 Aug, and paid for two day UPS shipping. They ship Tuesday, with a delivery date of Thursday, 30 Aug. Thursday, I'm waiting, checking, no sign of UPS, check UPS web site, and it still shows the package as being in New Jersey.

5PM, I call UPS, and the woman says that the end of business for them is 7pm, and yes, it still shows in New Jersey.

7:15PM still no delivery. Call UPS again, web site still showing that it arrived in New Jersey. This woman says oh, it left New Jersey yesterday, and it's in Jacksonville, Florida right now. I tell her that status isn't showing on the external web site. I sent an email to Henry P, asking if he could possibly work some magic on this, he says that it's too late to do anything on Thursday night, but he'll see what he can do. (This at almost 9PM!)

Friday morning, external UPS web site now shows it as having departed Jacksonville, Florida. Email from the UPS rep that Henry cc'd on his reply to me gets me a lovely response (after the external site shows the departure):

"Thank you for your email. Iím so sorry your package has been delayed. Unfortunately, our records do not indicate the reason for the delay. The rescheduled delivery date is 09-05-12.

Best regards,

UPS Corporate Social Media Team "

That package is going back to B&H, and another is coming out this way and will be here Tuesday, 04 Sep. A little late for the plans I had for this weekend, but I can get by with the batteries I have.

Good to know that there is still great customer service out there! Especially since I had just read
this article prior to hunting down my package.

Sep 01, 2012 at 04:48 PM
henryp
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

Thank you.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Sep 05, 2012 at 08:05 PM
Charles Gallo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

I don't mail order from B&H, simply because I live here in NYC, but Henry and his team have always done right by everyone I know of (But I still liked the old store on 17th - grin )

Sep 07, 2012 at 02:46 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

So I'm confused, what exactly did Henry do?

not trying to 'attack' anyone, just wondering...

Sep 07, 2012 at 05:10 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

So I'm confused, what exactly did Henry do? not trying to 'attack' anyone, just wondering...

This is called the bi-weekly B&H/Henry P. sycophant thread.

Sep 07, 2012 at 05:31 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

Sarsfield wrote:

Hehe, gotta luv this kind of commentary Perhaps you should PM Night Owl Cat and ask her? You might educate yourself on the value that she placed on Henry's response.

Sep 07, 2012 at 08:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

Sure, and he answered an email from a customer at 8:45PM Eastern Time, about an order that was just barely above $200. Great customer service deserves to be praised and shouted from the rooftops, just as surely bad customer service needs to be called out for the shame it deserves.

I did not go through the forum to get him to notice this the first time, just sent an email, and figured I wouldn't hear from him till he got into the office the next morning, and was highly impressed that less than 90 minutes later there was a reply to my initial contact. This is how you keep customers.

When you get BAD customer service, what do you do? Keep quiet, or tell everyone you know not to go to _____________ cause they did ____________ to treat you wrong.

Another case in point, totally different scenario. At a restaurant that we frequented, an Italian style chain, and one night, our server totally ignores us except to take drink and food order and drop off the check. Never checks back to see if drinks need refilling. Absolutely worst experience in that restaurant. Saving grace was that the busser got drinks and took care of us as the server should have. Upon leaving, we give the busser the tip the server would have gotten, talked to the manager and told her our experience with high praises for the busser and the rotten tomatoes for the server.

Sarsfield wrote:

Sep 10, 2012 at 02:40 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

I can only hope that Henry's effort will be acknowledged on the NBC Nightly News "Making a Difference" segment. I think the eventual delivery of NightOwl Cat's batteries, even if it took the slow boat to China, would have been all but impossible without his help. Good people, especially those who delegate others to act within their job description, deserve kudos. Keep the flame burning, folks.

Sep 10, 2012 at 03:39 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

No good deed goes unpunished, eh?

- henry

Sep 11, 2012 at 09:03 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

Indeed, Henry, indeed. However, consider the "age" of the prior poster . From my point of view, I'd say that you and Helen are pretty much "da best."

Sep 11, 2012 at 09:24 PM
kinconorb
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Kudos to B&H & Henry P

Charles Gallo wrote:
I don't mail order from B&H, simply because I live here in NYC

I wish I lived close enough to visit B&H in person, of course I'd probably be broke then

Sep 13, 2012 at 08:29 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password