Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Looking for new host for my site

Carson Wilcox
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Looking for new host for my site

I just received an email from SmugMug that there are instituting a significant price increase so I'll be looking for a new host. Can anyone make any suggestions.

Many Thanks
Carson

Sep 01, 2012 at 01:41 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Looking for new host for my site

I was upset to get the same email.
Zenfolio also has its loyal and satisfied followers.
I havent checked out their price structure; or the ease of moving to another site with many uploaded images already stored.
I'd be interested to hear what you do, how it goes.
Scott

Sep 01, 2012 at 01:43 AM
Carson Wilcox
• •
p.1 #3 · Looking for new host for my site

I'll take a look at Zenfolio. If you PM me with your email I'll keep you updated. I'll probably start looking next week. I've sent a contact to SmugMug to see when my current year is up so I'll know how long I have to look.

Sep 01, 2012 at 01:48 AM
TTee

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Looking for new host for my site

I left SmugMug a few weeks ago. This is the beginning of the end for SmugMug, I believe. There are many photography oriented hosting sites offering contemporary template themes, domain names, and personal email accounts for affordable prices. SmugMugs basic layout is a little outdated with regards to being pleasing to the eye and even with customization options, there's limitations.

My choices came down to Qufoto, Portfoliositez and Squarespace. After researching customer reviews (which played a big part in my choosing) and my needs I chose to go with Qufoto and am extremely pleased with their customer service.

Regardless, I think you'll find many options out there for a more affordable price. Good luck.

Sep 01, 2012 at 05:12 AM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Looking for new host for my site

I've been on Zenfolio for a year and a half and have no complaints. For the one problem i have had the support were helpful and fast replying. I'm not selling stuff though, only hosting family pictures.

Sep 01, 2012 at 07:27 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password