Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Portfolio and Profile from existing sites (flickr, 500px, etc)

kinetic
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Portfolio and Profile from existing sites (flickr, 500px, etc)

Hey guys,

As much as I love how 500px has my best photos showcased on a profile and a bit of a social kick to it, as well as an automatically created (and somewhat customizable) portfolio, it's still lacking. So is smugmug and zenfolio. I think the problem with any of these services is, it just creates one more step into sharing and showcasing your photos.

Are there any sites that will pull my Flickr, 500px, tumblr/wp blog, etc. without me uploading and creating new content, that will then turn it into a nice social profile as well as automatically creating a portfolio for me? The automatic part is really just staging a portfolio with all my photos, and i can go in and make it pretty.

Does it exist?

I'm actually a developer, and if this doesn't exist I'm thinking of just building it. I don't know if it's useful for everyone else, or if it exists already. Let me know what your thoughts are!

Aug 31, 2012 at 01:52 PM
mbpautz762
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portfolio and Profile from existing sites (flickr, 500px, etc)

I don't know a whole lot about the subject, but it seems that program would have to be able to remotely download pics from Flickr's/500px/etc's servers - is that even possible? I can't even download my uploaded 500px photos at full resolution when I'm logged in the site. Seems like an interesting idea, but a lot of hurdles to have to go through.

Sep 01, 2012 at 02:30 PM
kinetic
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portfolio and Profile from existing sites (flickr, 500px, etc)

It is possible, though it's definitely a hurdle. It wouldn't be downloading per say, but showing you the photos as they're hosted. This way we won't have yet another copy of your photos stored somewhere, and you do all your management in flickr/500px/etc and it'll automatically be reflected on this new product.

Technical aspects would be tough, but I don't think they're impossible. I'm more worried about the usefulness and if people would really like it.

Tough to tell until something exists and can be used for sure.

Sep 02, 2012 at 02:50 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.