Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Photography kills politics?

redcrown
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Photography kills politics?

Yeah, it's photography related....

There was an interesting piece burrried on the 4th page of my local newspaper's coverage of the Republican National Convention.

It seems that the vast majority of the delegate audience were using their camera phones to photograph or video the events. The result being that they did not applaud or cheer at the high points. So the TV viewing audience did not get the full impact that the speech writers intended. Many of the "pause for applause" points built into the speeches did not occur and the speakers were thrown off pace.

Imagine all the Democrat spin doctors meeting today to find a solution to this problem before their own convention.

Aug 31, 2012 at 05:33 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Photography kills politics?

Ahh, grasshopper, the demorats don't have any problems - just ask them

BTW, I'm not a republican, but more closely identified with radical nihilistic anarchy

Aug 31, 2012 at 07:20 PM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Photography kills politics?

There was an interesting piece burrried on the 4th page of my local newspaper's coverage of the Republican National Convention.

I watched 4 internet clips of the keynote speakers on CNN. I say "clips" because watching any political convention in real time is a real waste of time. I didn't really see any lack of audience response or timing issues, or even an overabundance of cell phone recording. Of course I wasn't under any deadline to come up with some offbeat, exaggerated filler article. I guess if "photography kill's politics" those convention TV cameramen and photojournalists are contributing to its demise.

Aug 31, 2012 at 08:17 PM
BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Photography kills politics?

Sounds kind of absurd to say there was no applause due to people taking pictures and video

Sep 05, 2012 at 08:58 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password