Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · 28/1.8 or 24/1.4?

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · 28/1.8 or 24/1.4?

Zichar wrote:
Glad you enjoyed your trip Did you ever feel like you wanted a longer FL?

Yes. No wait... oh, hell yes!

About once a minute, actually. I'm very used to shooting long and I often found things that were further away that I'd have loved to shoot but couldn't. Architecture comes to mind as an easy example: lots of great old buildings, spires, and towers with beautiful sunset light just begged to be shot with a long lens. The perspective distortion from getting closer and pointing the camera upward at 35mm was incredible, and is going to seriously reduce the quality of those shots after I attempt to correct that distortion in post. Also, details in everything: buildings from the outside, and about a thousand things inside each church just begged for a close-up that I couldn't provide. Even people on the street often needed 70-100mm for a good close-up to show character and expression in ways that the wide lens couldn't give me without getting in their face... which would have changed the image.

I enjoyed getting used to a wider perspective, and by the end of the week I was enjoying it far more than at the beginning. I'm definitely going to continue working on the wide end of my experience and pushing myself in this area. Of course some shots worked much better and much more easily with the 16-35, or would not even have been possible with a longer lens, so forcing myself to shoot wide is definitely a Good Thing [tm].

I can tell you now that I'll try to always carry a wide with me from now on... but I can also tell you right now that I'm never, ever going on a trip without putting a long lens in the bag too.

Sep 15, 2012 at 08:02 PM
HauntedHat
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · 28/1.8 or 24/1.4?

I didn't even knew the 28 f/1.8 G existed. Had I known, I would've bought it instead of a bunch of useless stuff I got a while ago... but ohh well.

Now I'll have Gear adquisition syndrome until I get it... u_u

Sep 15, 2012 at 09:41 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password