Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · After Market Batteries

CW100
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · After Market Batteries

DLP wrote:
I've used Sterlingtek in the XTi, 40D, 50D, 7D and 5DII with out any issues. If I ever did have a problem I'm confident Sterlingtek would send a replacement. I guess the question I always ask myself is this;
If I am the one in a million user that gets a bum battery how many can I buy before I end up spending the same amount of $$ that a single Canon battery costs.

Dave

right, there may be a one in-a-million disgruntled non-Canon user but there are millions of generic/ sterlingtek battery users with no problems

Sep 04, 2012 at 11:23 AM
400d
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · After Market Batteries

It seems most of the discussions here are about the quality of the cell/chemistry. A lot of times the cells didn't fail, it's the BMS/protective circuit board failed, which isn't doing its job and allowed individual cell draining itself. Say when a 2S1P 7.2V Li-Ion battery, a cell drops to <2V, the circuit board may simply cut off the circuit and the charger would return an error on the battery. But I guess what I've just said didn't contribute much to the thread, buy what you want.

Sep 04, 2012 at 01:11 PM
seam4444
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · After Market Batteries

In what cameras??

In a 20D, 50D, 7D, and 5D MkII.

Sep 04, 2012 at 04:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · After Market Batteries

CW100 wrote:
right, there may be a one in-a-million disgruntled non-Canon user but there are millions of generic/ sterlingtek battery users with no problems

Millions of Sterlingtek users? I read that the world is full of cheapskates, but millions seems like an excessive estimate of the number of customers.

EBH

Sep 05, 2012 at 02:23 AM
Breitling65
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · After Market Batteries

EB-1 wrote:
It is amazing how cheap some people can be.

EBH

Agreed, spending big $ on expensive pro equipment and save on good battery or card is beyond of my understeanding. It is same as some Mercedes owners asking if they could use regular gasoline for it since they would like to save some cents....

Sep 05, 2012 at 05:19 AM
CW100
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · After Market Batteries

EB-1 wrote:
Millions of Sterlingtek users? I read that the world is full of cheapskates, but millions seems like an excessive estimate of the number of customers.

EBH

the world is full of generic buyers !

Sep 06, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password