Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 35mm f2D

Beni
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 35mm f2D

Hi,

According to my supplier this lens is discontinued, does that mean there is a new one on the way that I should wait for or should I snap up one new while I still can?

Thanks

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM
hidden_Markov
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · 35mm f2D

odd.....most other glass they let the D series live on.

Not sure what to make of this tbh. If a new lens nikon usually gave a choice to buy the new hotness or roll old school. Maybe they are not digging the fact that 85 1.4 D still sells well for those who accept its "quirks" for the price value it is.

Usually we also get blips on the radar of the always fun is this photoshopped leaked pics thread as well. And a new FX 35mm....would have rated some rumor mongering for sure.

really odd....

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #3 · 35mm f2D

i think you should snap one while you can, you will not lose much money by selling it if and when one day (we wait so many years already) there will be (more expensive and probably bigger and slower focusing) replacement

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #4 · 35mm f2D

Beni wrote:
Hi,

According to my supplier this lens is discontinued, does that mean there is a new one on the way that I should wait for or should I snap up one new while I still can?

Thanks

It's still on Nikon's current lens list, so till it's listed on there archived list, it's safe to say it's still in production. You should just get one, it's a great lens and cost very little.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Camera-Lenses/All-Lenses/index.page

Aug 30, 2012 at 05:14 PM
brett maxwell
• • •
p.1 #5 · 35mm f2D

I'm impatiently waiting for the update of the 35 f2, assuming it will be as good as the 50 and 85 f1.8s.

When it happens I'll be selling my whole kit of D3, D3s, 35/1.4, and 85/1.4 and moving to a lightweight kit of ungripped bodies and small primes.

Sep 01, 2012 at 08:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tobicus
• • •
p.1 #6 · 35mm f2D

The 35/2 is great. It's pretty much the only lens I use all day long at weddings.

Sep 01, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Zebrabot
• • •
p.1 #7 · 35mm f2D

By "update" do you mean make it larger, cost more, use a weird 1970s filter size and be made in china?

Sep 02, 2012 at 04:15 AM
VilleK
• •
p.1 #8 · 35mm f2D

I'm not that thrilled about 35/2D. The bokeh is ugly and sharpness is pretty bad with bigger apertures than f/4 on D700. It's really small, fast focusing, works really well when stopped down to f/8 or f/11 and produces really nice sunstars

But I still haven't been able to convince myself that 35/1.4G would be worth the high price.

Sep 02, 2012 at 08:38 AM
luminosity
• • • •
p.1 #9 · 35mm f2D

I will never understand the obsession some people have with out of focus rendering. It took me awhile to realize that I actually prefer what many people call "ugly."

I'm a big fan of the 35/2, have owned two copies (both purchased off FM's Buy/Sell forum) and regularly use my current version of it.

You must have gotten a poor copy, VilleK, because mine is terrific in the center at f/2 at close distances.

Sep 02, 2012 at 08:47 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password