Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Well It's About Time!!

Dan Bellyk
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Well It's About Time!!

Well after what seems like an eturnity I got the call that my D800e is in. I was starting to get a little frustrated but I know others are in the same boat, should have the camera by next week so my D800 will be going up for sale when the "E" is in my hands.
Hoping others will be getting the call also.

Dan

To celebrate here is some pictures taken this year with the D800

Aug 30, 2012 at 03:37 AM
Todd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Well It's About Time!!

Cool Shots! You might as well keep both cameras! I have both and the image quality is so similar that you really can't tell the difference. The low pass filter on the D800 is weak and the 800E is not much sharper, but there is some. It is very subtle. If you can, keep both, it's good piece of mind to have a back up.

Have a look: http://kenrockwell.com/nikon/d800/vs-d800e.htm

Back to the shots: The first, second, & third are my favorite. The DR of the D800/e is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

T

Aug 30, 2012 at 03:54 AM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Well It's About Time!!

Really enjoyed the long exposure shots in particular. How DID you keep the boats that still in the water for those?? Great work.

Aug 30, 2012 at 05:13 AM
davidnholtjr
• • •
p.1 #4 · Well It's About Time!!

Those night shot's are wonderful. Great job.

Aug 30, 2012 at 05:21 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Well It's About Time!!

dj dunzie wrote:
Really enjoyed the long exposure shots in particular. How DID you keep the boats that still in the water for those?? Great work.

Ropes. VERY strong ropes

Aug 30, 2012 at 07:01 PM
Dan Bellyk
• • •
p.1 #6 · Well It's About Time!!

Thanks everyone appreciate it. dj as for the boats moving some were worse than others, it was almost 4AM and I was drinking rum so maybe my swaying timed in with the boats

The Camera Store just sent me an email and they are shipping out the camera.......Yay

Anyone want to buy a D800

Aug 30, 2012 at 08:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Todd
• • •
p.1 #7 · Well It's About Time!!

I'm not sure if you saw my post or not, but there is little to no difference between the two cameras so I don't understand why you don't keep both unless you just can't afford it. You can go a couple of threads up and see my post where Ken Rockwell did a comparison for all of us between the two cameras. Like I said I have both cameras and so far my D800 appears to be sharper than my E. however it may not have focused perfectly the first time but I guess I should do the test again and use the live view feature. But if it were me, I would keep them both you never know when you're going to need a back up.

Todd

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Dan Bellyk
• • •
p.1 #8 · Well It's About Time!!

Thanks Tod but right now I can't afford to keep both, things have been a little slower this year and my other hobby has tapped into the funds. I guess if I do a comparison and don't find a difference for myself I can send it back.

Dan

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM
mblea041

p.1 #9 · Well It's About Time!!

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, I've been in that boat before, it sucks but I totally understand where you are coming from.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.1 #10 · Well It's About Time!!

The night photos with the long exposures are great. Love the clouds & water.

Jeff

Sep 01, 2012 at 01:40 PM
montym
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Well It's About Time!!

WOW! #2 and #3 are stunning!
Wonderful shots!
Monty

Sep 01, 2012 at 02:11 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register