Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #517 Sleep Tight

Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #517 Sleep Tight

Just one of the ideas that came to me today sitting in traffic...good luck to all this week.

Sleep Tight

Aug 29, 2012 at 07:54 PM
Tenn.Jer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #517 Sleep Tight

Right out of the gates, eh Travis? Maybe I should try sitting in Atlanta traffic...

Good idea, well-executed; no movement this week, but the coils are just stored energy, waiting...dynamic, after all...and well, that's a very realistic rubber snake (I hope).

Jerry

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:27 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #517 Sleep Tight

Tenn.Jer wrote:
Right out of the gates, eh Travis? Maybe I should try sitting in Atlanta traffic...

Good idea, well-executed; no movement this week, but the coils are just stored energy, waiting...dynamic, after all...and well, that's a very realistic rubber snake (I hope).

Jerry

Yeah, right out of the gate...I look forward to Wednesday mornings! I also have a really busy week ahead of me, one that might not allow much time with my camera. So, I had to take it while I could. You don't want to sit in Atlanta traffic...it really is miserable.

Yep, no motion this week....

I think it was kinda funny that this theme came up, I did this one kind of as a tribute to my late grandmother...yeah, she was a joker and a prankster...she bought me the rubber snake when I was maybe 10, so it has been moved around for a LONG time...she and I played tricks on a lot of people with that snake...she approves of this image.

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:32 PM
Jred
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #517 Sleep Tight

Nice.

John

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:36 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #517 Sleep Tight

Jred wrote:
Nice.

John

Thanks John.

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:42 PM
Pete A
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #517 Sleep Tight

Creepy indeed, especially if you don't like snakes!

Aug 30, 2012 at 06:27 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #517 Sleep Tight

Pete A wrote:
Creepy indeed, especially if you don't like snakes!

Yep, if you don't like snakes...you dont want to find this one day!

Aug 30, 2012 at 07:32 AM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #517 Sleep Tight

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I think it was kinda funny that this theme came up, I did this one kind of as a tribute to my late grandmother...yeah, she was a joker and a prankster...she bought me the rubber snake when I was maybe 10, so it has been moved around for a LONG time...she and I played tricks on a lot of people with that snake...she approves of this image.

Funny reminds me of a family driving trip from WI to FL to go to Disney World. My Grandma came with us and I bought a huge rubber snake in FL as my souvenir. Grandma would have it wrapped around her neck while we drove down the highway. Lots of shocked looks and pointing.

Love the concept here but something not quite to your standards Travis... Maybe missing a sleeping child on the bed? Or screaming and pointing a parent in 'motion' reaching for the child?

Anyway thanks for triggering the memory about my Grandma made me smile.

Aug 30, 2012 at 09:30 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #517 Sleep Tight

Glad it could conjure up memories for you too.

I decided I would have to go a little more subtle, a little more minimal for this week. I always tend to put motion, tension and energy into the WA assignments, and don't want to get stuck in a rut, or stuck doing one thing. When it can be too easily picked out of the current entries page as mine, to me that is a sign to make a little change.

It would have been cool to have my daughter sleeping there...but she doesn't sit still long enough...and my wife won't get within 5 feet of that snake...fake or not it gives her the creeps...so it was just me and my childhood toy...not everyone can be a homerun, I still had fun making it. I doubt I will have the time to shoot another shot for something to change it to.

Aug 30, 2012 at 09:41 AM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #517 Sleep Tight

No worries, I'm sure you will have many future examples of your fine work I will envy as I have in the past. Good luck this week.

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #517 Sleep Tight

svassh wrote:
No worries, I'm sure you will have many future examples of your fine work I will envy as I have in the past. Good luck this week.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and kind words. My shooting over the next few weeks is going to be limited...my day job is taking over!

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Klaus Priebe
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #517 Sleep Tight

I have encountered rattlesnakes several times out here in the southwest and its always a little scary but this is pretty creepy for sure.

Aug 31, 2012 at 08:57 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #517 Sleep Tight

Klaus Priebe wrote:
I have encountered rattlesnakes several times out here in the southwest and its always a little scary but this is pretty creepy for sure.

Thanks for taking the time Klaus. Encounters with rattlesnakes are fairly rare here...my last one the snake was already dead, I think a fellow hiker took exception to the snake it its own home...a real shame. I myself am not scared of them.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:02 AM
relms
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #517 Sleep Tight

Well, Travis, as if we don't have enough to worry about, now we have to check under our pillows before turning in for the night. Mighty creepy!!

Sep 02, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #517 Sleep Tight

relms wrote:
Well, Travis, as if we don't have enough to worry about, now we have to check under our pillows before turning in for the night. Mighty creepy!!

HAHA! Thanks for stopping in Robert, yeah, check that pillow!

Sep 02, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Bob_Martin
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #517 Sleep Tight

Yikes! You are a very sick man (welcome to the club!).

Sep 04, 2012 at 02:49 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #517 Sleep Tight

Bob_Martin wrote:
Yikes! You are a very sick man (welcome to the club!).

HI Bob, yeah, I am a little sick, I actually used to have pet snakes, I have had 6 or 7 in my life, from a Hognose to a Ball Python, I am actually fascinated by them.

Sep 05, 2012 at 06:07 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.