Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · CNX2 - Disable Color Management at the printer level.

Greg Matty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CNX2 - Disable Color Management at the printer level.

When printing from Photoshop, once I adjust all the Photoshop print related settings and get to the printer dialog box, all the options that would allow me to adjust/screw up settings are grayed out.

With Capture NX2 on a Mac with OS X.6.8, what setting do I use in the print dialog box to get no color management from the printer?

Starting in NX2 I go file/print and click on color management. Here I can set the printer profile to the appropriate color sync profile. The next window brings up the Canon Pro 9900 MKII print dialog box where I have options under color matching including Colorsync or Canon Color Matching. Can anyone confirm which setting disables color management at this stage? I want to say Colorsync with Generic RGB as my profile but that is just a hunch based on Snow Leopard and using this setting to print test target images for profiling.

Thanks.

Greg

Aug 29, 2012 at 06:52 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CNX2 - Disable Color Management at the printer level.

I dont have an Epson printer but in the print dialog (printer driver), there should be something like a Printer Settings tab (of some sort) and in there is Color Settings which allow no color management.

YMMV w/ Canon.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Greg Matty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CNX2 - Disable Color Management at the printer level.

howardm4 wrote:
I dont have an Epson printer but in the print dialog (printer driver), there should be something like a Printer Settings tab (of some sort) and in there is Color Settings which allow no color management.

YMMV w/ Canon.

Unfortunately with Canon and Mac OS X.6.X there is no easy way to do that. I believe Generic RGB is a pass through setting where no color management takes place. There is a reason why X.6 was nicknamed Mac-Vista.

Greg

Aug 30, 2012 at 02:24 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password