Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Epson Exhibition fiber

speedmaster20d
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson Exhibition fiber

Does anyone have experience with this paper?

I got a 25 pack (13X19) and half of the papers had defects on the surface (ink flaked off from some spots after printing) so I returned it and got another pack. Same issue plus this time you can even see some black dots on the surface of the paper before printing.

unacceptable for paper this expensive and something Epson calls "signature worthy". Is this product really garbage or I got unlucky two times in a row?

Aug 29, 2012 at 05:43 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson Exhibition fiber

Its my favorite paper.
Never had a problem.
I'd be suspicious about unlucky x 2.
Where did you purchase it? I'd ask the supplier if they are aware of any bad runs, consider changing suppliers.
I have used atlex.com mostly for paper purchases, including this one. No problems. Good customer service.
Scott

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:31 PM
speedmaster20d
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson Exhibition fiber

I bought from BH, never had an issue with other brand papers.

Aug 29, 2012 at 09:42 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Epson Exhibition fiber

so I doubt the issue is bh. Maybe a bad production run? Or a storage issue?

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Keith B.
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Epson Exhibition fiber

I bought a fair amount of it in 8.5x11 and 13x19 within the first year it was on the market. Several sheets of 13x19 had foreign material embedded in the that looked like wood chips. Most of the sheets---98% maybe--- were fine.
Return it...it's the only way that Epson will know they are producing junk.

Aug 30, 2012 at 05:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Cphoto1954
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Epson Exhibition fiber

I use Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta and love it despite the same problems you are experiencing with the Epson. I have printed hundreds or sheets (B&W and color) and get about a 25% defective sheets (mostly due to brown or black spots).

Regardless I'll continue to use it as I believe nothing matches the richness of this paper, and I have tested them all. Hahnemuhle is very good at taking the defective pieces back with no questions asked, as they should.

Aug 31, 2012 at 06:50 PM
speedmaster20d
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Epson Exhibition fiber

well I have a big project coming up and I am debating whether I should use the Epson paper. It will be a 100' roll so any issues will cost me huge $$$ and a great deal of time!

I have never had issues with Moab or Hahnemuhle, but I like the weight and texture of Epson a bit better

Sep 01, 2012 at 06:06 PM
ecidi
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Epson Exhibition fiber

I have been a long time user of Epson's Exhibition Fiber Paper that I get from Atlex, and I have never seen any of this junk you guys are talking about.

Sep 07, 2012 at 09:29 AM
pjbishop
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Epson Exhibition fiber

I can't say I've run into this before with the Epson Exhibition Fiber, but I haven't bought any for a while. Why don't you call Epson customer service (on the pre-buying free line) and ask them what the heck is going on and how can you be assured that investing $$ in a roll won't involve expense and delays - just on the off-chance that you connect with someone who is actually interested in the problem.

Sep 08, 2012 at 10:56 AM
hugowolf
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Epson Exhibition fiber

If you are looking for more robust alternatives to Epson Exhibition (Epson Traditional Photo Paper in Europe), then…
Museo Silver Rag
Canson Platine Fibre Rag
Innova Fibaprint Cotton Gloss

There has been a long running thread on LuLa concerning the fragility of the surface and the proneness to foreign matter of these rag based, photo black, fine art papers …
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=57681.0

Silver Rag precedes EEF, but went through a bad patch, Innova Fibaprint is too recent to make long term recommendations, but Platine is much more consistent than the other three.

Brian A

Sep 08, 2012 at 11:46 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password