Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sunpak

Carson Wilcox
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Sunpak

I was just looking for a 67mm GND filter at Adorama and the only one I see is a Sunpak. I don't know anything about this brand. Has anyone heard of them or used them? I'm hesitant to buy it since I know nothing about this brand,
Also it's a bit to cheap to be real.

Thanks
Carson

Aug 29, 2012 at 03:22 PM
henryp
• • •
p.1 #2 · Sunpak

B+W, Heliopan and Tiffen have 67mm grad ND filters. Have a look.

That said I really recommend against round screw-in GND filters. The graduation is always dead center at the "equator," and that's rarely where you want it for optimum image composition. A rectangular filter lets you adjust where the graduation falls in either vertical or horizontal compositions for optimum placement. You can buy a Tiffen GND in Cokin P size plus a Cokin filter holder and Cokin 67mm P-adapter ring and have a much more versatile rig.

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Aug 29, 2012 at 06:42 PM
Carson Wilcox
• •
p.1 #3 · Sunpak

That's true Henry and I have thought about that in the past, but I get into some rough terrain on occasion and have stuck with the screen in basically for the convenience. I've found I can put the graduation where I need it in post.

I had checked your site and saw that you ha those brands but to be honest I've stuck pretty much with Adorama the last few years for a number of reasons.

I do appreciate your response.

Carson

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:31 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password