Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Rules & Guidelines | Canon Lens Code
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · WTB: Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical

CarolinaKSU

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · WTB: Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Canon FD Mount 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical

Item Withdrawn

Payment method: Google Checkout
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: FedEx 3 Day Ground / 2nd Day Air (With Insurance / Delivery Confirmation)

Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical

Hello all,

I am looking for a Canon 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical in the FD mount. I have seen many sample shots of this lens and am in absolute love with the creamy bokeh and dreamy DOF. Also this is probably the cheapest way to get an f/1.2 lens. I am looking to get into the mirrorless game with an EP-3 or possibly OM-D and would love a really fast prime to go along with it. Also, I still shoot film on my Dad's old AT-1 and this would obviously be a huge step up from the 50mm f/1.8 and the other off-brand junk lenses that he got for it in the 70's.

Apparently as well this lens is radioactive due to the Thorium used in the manufacture of the elements. I kind of like the idea of that..

There are a few examples of the lens on Fleabay but I would much rather do business with someone reputable on here. I have a selection of EF-S lenses to offer in trade along with cash or just straight cash would work as well.

It might be a shot in the dark, but if anyone has this lens and would be willing to part with it please contact me!

Edited on Sep 01, 2012 at 12:53 PM · View previous versions

Aug 29, 2012 at 06:28 AM
hiepphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · WTB: Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical

FYI, it's certainly not the cheapest option to get the 1.2 option. It's actually among the higher priced 50ish 1.2.

Aug 29, 2012 at 05:32 PM
CarolinaKSU

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · WTB: Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical

Yeah, I am aware that it is a little pricier than the 50 f/1.4 but I would love that extra stop, especially on a M4/3 body. Plus the f/1.2 I have heard is sharper throughout at the same aperture than the f/1.4 as well. It has a different look than most other lenses, a true vintage feel that I wouldn't need to fake when using it on film.

What other f/1.2's are out there would be less than ~$350? I haven't really seen much else that is comparable that I know of anyway..

Aug 30, 2012 at 04:54 AM
hiepphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · WTB: Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical

This lens is not going to be at $350. Expect the lowest to be around $550. The price is climbing quickly these days. I think you might mistake this with the Canon 55mm f/1.2 ssc (non-aspherical). That one would go for less than $350. Good luck.

Sep 01, 2012 at 05:15 AM
CarolinaKSU

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · WTB: Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 SSC Aspherical

hiepphotog wrote:
This lens is not going to be at $350. Expect the lowest to be around $550. The price is climbing quickly these days. I think you might mistake this with the Canon 55mm f/1.2 ssc (non-aspherical). That one would go for less than $350. Good luck.

You are very right, I am definitely mistaken! I actually assumed all 55 f/1.2 SSC's were a spherical but apparently there are multiple versions. The ones I have seen were the non-aspherical version after all. Thanks for the help in clearing that up, I feel a bit like an idiot for not realizing that.

Sep 01, 2012 at 12:52 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password