Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

rbaker
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

I take credit cards through my shopping cart, but I get lots of request for custom stuff that I would like to be able to process without utilizing my automated shopping cart. I see commercials for square.com and Intuit, but I need to be able to take the CC number through email, and not swipe. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!!

Ryan

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM
tmalone893
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

With Square you can punch in the number on your keypad since they are giving it to you via email.

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM
rbaker
• •
p.1 #3 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

Thanks!

2.75% doesn't seem awful for the convenience. Are there any other major players out there?

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

PayPal is now competing with square with similar features and I think is around 2.65. We now use square exclusively and the square register on ipad is great.

Aug 29, 2012 at 01:32 AM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

We've been using Authorize.net for many years. Somewhere around 1.6% on the fees. We use them for online payments as well as onsite payments.

Aug 29, 2012 at 02:19 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #6 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

Square works well for me too, I love the iPad and the android phone apps, you sign with your finger! I believe square and PayPal are the same rate currently, but I could be wrong. They are direct competitors, and the rates are very close. 2.75 for a swipe and 3.0 for a typed in number.

Paul

Aug 29, 2012 at 03:40 AM
dennisgolfer
• •
p.1 #7 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

+1 another Square user

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM
BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #8 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

+1 for Square.

Aug 29, 2012 at 04:13 PM
BlueReptile
• • •
p.1 #9 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

We transitioned to Square last year and have been very happy with it. The only gripe I have is it requires a internet connection. 99% of the time there is internet, but there is always the one that's out in the middle of no where without 3G coverage or wifi.

Aug 29, 2012 at 07:11 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BillyHurst
• • •
p.1 #10 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

BlueReptile wrote:
We transitioned to Square last year and have been very happy with it. The only gripe I have is it requires a internet connection. 99% of the time there is internet, but there is always the one that's out in the middle of no where without 3G coverage or wifi.

This is why we still have a spot on our order forms for credit card information. Not everyone is as easy to hand it over these days, but once my girls at the table explain that we usually swipe and they sign with their finger and a receipt is e-mailed to them, but since there is no 3G or wi-fi access at this particualr location, they usually don't have a problem just writing it down for us and then we key it in back at the shop and e-mail a receipt..

Billy-

Aug 29, 2012 at 07:41 PM
BlueReptile
• • •
p.1 #11 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

BillyHurst wrote:
This is why we still have a spot on our order forms for credit card information. Not everyone is as easy to hand it over these days, but once my girls at the table explain that we usually swipe and they sign with their finger and a receipt is e-mailed to them, but since there is no 3G or wi-fi access at this particualr location, they usually don't have a problem just writing it down for us and then we key it in back at the shop and e-mail a receipt..

Billy-

Well actually I kept my Costco cc terminal just for that reason. It runs in offline mode and beats manual input of hundreds of credit card transactions...

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:43 PM
rbaker
• •
p.1 #12 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

Awesome input guys, thanks so much!!

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

I've had the Square reader since they came out and have found it invaluable for taking CC payments virtually anywhere. I've taken payments in gyms, on football fields, in the mountains and standing in a wheat field!! I also have the Paypal Here reader, but haven't used it yet. I'd say either one is going to work about as well as the other.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
ifxbonz
• • •
p.1 #14 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

I use "pay anywhere" for my iphone. just like square.

Andy

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

The only drawback to Square is their customer service. We had a processing issue with a customer getting charged twice on their end, with no record of her being charged twice on our end. It was a reconciliation issue on Square's end, but you can't get a hold of a person... everything is through back and forth email and it got a little frustrating. It did get resolved eventually, but I can't give Square an "A" in the customer service department.

Aug 30, 2012 at 01:17 AM
basehorhonda
• •
p.1 #16 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

Another +1 for square

Aug 30, 2012 at 04:38 AM
KathleenMartin
• •
p.1 #17 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

Intuit works great. Awesome customer service, too.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM
TractionAction

p.1 #18 · Who are you using to process your credit card payments?

Yup +1 for Square on Android.

Aug 31, 2012 at 02:38 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password