Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · what do I need to build a monopod light stand?

surfcat
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · what do I need to build a monopod light stand?

I have for the most part worked with natural light and am now wanting to play with some off-camera flash.

I want to build a monopod light stand. I have the monopod and swivel head but I don't understand the pocket wizards. Can anyone send me a quick note as to the specific item I need to put on my camera's hot shoe to send the signal and which item I need on the light stand to receive?

Thanks! I want to make sure I buy the right items... Kris

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #2 · what do I need to build a monopod light stand?

What system? What flashes? What body? Nikon does most of this thru CLS, and Canon can do some as well... There are a dozen or more viable options for true wireless flash as well. PWs, Chinese stuff, and others can all get you there.

Need...more...information!

Paul

Aug 29, 2012 at 04:08 AM
surfcat
• •
p.1 #3 · what do I need to build a monopod light stand?

I use Canon cameras and simply want to create a light stick by attaching two wireless flashes (I have Canon 430's) to my monopod with a flash bracket. I need to learn which pocket wizard system to get for my hot shoe to send the signal and for the monopod to receive the signal.
Thanks! I hope this is enough detail now. Let me know if I left anything out.
Kris

Aug 29, 2012 at 08:36 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · what do I need to build a monopod light stand?

first decide if you want these off-camera flashes to be intelligent slaves and to use TTL metering (via the camera) or just dumb slaves and you manually set the power ratio and only need a trigger signal. Big difference and big difference in price for a setup.

Depending on the camera, it's possible that it can act as the master so you dont need much.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:16 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password