Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

EOSDNG
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

Does anyone use the Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display for editing pictures with Lightroom? My EIZO died and I am considering the Thunderbolt display. Some say, it is good, other say, it is crap and has sound problems.
Any real world experience with this display

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM
DTOB
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

Sound problems? But, it's a display right?

I know nothing about the panel you are looking at, or monitors in general really. But personally the built in speakers would be the least of my concern, as I would not be using them.

*edit* I just realized that this was not very helpful at all. Sorry about that.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM
EOSDNG
• • •
p.1 #3 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

DTOB

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM
maxx9photo
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

I almost got one myself but don't really like the glossy screen. Dell U2711 is another option, which I got one myself for better price from Amazon. And this thing covered with 3 years warranty opposed to Apple 1 year only.

Aug 29, 2012 at 02:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

matthewbmedia
• • •
p.1 #5 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

I've got one, a u2711 and a u3011.

I prefer the pixel pitch of the u3011 as I don't use it with a laptop...

The glare on the apple is only an issue with a large uneven light source behind you (a small window) - and even then, you can angle the monitor 15 degrees and bounce the glare.

The apple is noticeably sharper due to the lack of the anti-glare matte coating on the dells.

Aug 30, 2012 at 06:54 PM
craigbess
• •
p.1 #6 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

I have one of the 27" Cinema display (Non Thunder bolt) hooked to my MacBook pro and it works fine. The boss man has a pair of thunderbolt displays hooked to his MacBook pro and hasn't experienced any issues that I'm aware of.

Aug 30, 2012 at 07:10 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

I have a Dell 24" and the Apple 27" hooked up to my Mac Pro. If I am doing work on Images then the Apple display is just so much better for sharpness and colour. Even though I use the Color Munki, the colour on the Apple display is just better.

Aug 30, 2012 at 07:18 PM
soccerjoe5
• •
p.1 #8 · Apple 27" Thunderbolt Cinema Display

I've got the Thunderbolt Display for a few months now and I am very happy with it. The sound isn't the best, but they are pretty good. A real space saver because I don't need any more space for my better speakers. Colour is great with my Color Munki.

I was nervous about the reflections but it doesn't bother me because my work space has controlled lighting. I really like that I only have the Thunderbolt cable and power cable connected to my 15" MBP, and all my peripherals are connected to the display - my Wacom tablet, iPhone dock, card reader, and Firewire drives.

Very very happy with it. I got it refurbished on the Apple store.

Sep 10, 2012 at 04:12 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password