New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Family tree

Xtreme10
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Family tree

Has any one ever tried to print from the family tree program? I have an Epson 9880 and I want to print a banner type tree but it want let me save it as a PDF or jpg said the files are to big. If I compress it then the PDF only shows a big red x on it. I would like to print it out on 24" paper and I think I will be almost 300" long. When I call for support they keep saying well you know more than me.

Aug 28, 2012 at 01:31 AM
Hammy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Family tree

Sounds like a limitation of the Family Tree program that had no intentions of printing that large (and/or without knowlege by programmers that printers that large existed)

Not knowing the program and how it outputs, my best suggestion would be to print out a section as large as you can, then stitch all of them together in some other program (photoshop).

Sep 01, 2012 at 02:38 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Family tree

Some File systems and file formats may have some file size limit. Some Programs support very large file sizes lik Photoshop's PSB large file format. They are like layered PSD file without file size limit. If you have a disk array you may be able able to stripe a file onto several drive where the file is actually larger then any single disk.

Sep 04, 2012 at 11:00 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.