Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Help please....

Steve Kelley
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Help please....

I'm in the middle GA. area and I need to get some work done on a Canon 7D and a 24-70 Lens.... I need to send these 2 items to Canon for repair.... I have never done this before.... Who, what, when, where, and how do I do this.... Thanks

Aug 28, 2012 at 01:43 AM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Help please....

If you're in a rush, I'd also advise searching/posting over at Photography on the Net, which specializes in Canon.

Wish I had answers for ya - I'm on the Dark Side...

Aug 28, 2012 at 01:56 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #3 · Help please....

Steve Kelley wrote:
I'm in the middle GA. area and I need to get some work done on a Canon 7D and a 24-70 Lens.... I need to send these 2 items to Canon for repair.... I have never done this before.... Who, what, when, where, and how do I do this.... Thanks

Join Canon CPS (http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/), list your equipment and see what membership you want. Gold and Platinum cost you but offer repair discounts among other things.

Once done, do a repair order and send in your items to the nearest CPS. You will get a quote and then you tell them to proceed or not. This is pretty much a 2 second gist of the process.

Aug 28, 2012 at 02:00 AM
johnip
• • •
p.1 #4 · Help please....

The CPS membership is not necessary.

Go here and fill out the forms.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional?pageKeyCode=requestRepair

Aug 28, 2012 at 03:28 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #5 · Help please....

I was suggesting CPS in case he wanted a repair discount, which is the mostly the reason people get it.

Aug 28, 2012 at 03:47 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password