Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource
  

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · In and around the dirt track
  
 
Next39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · In and around the dirt track


Here's a variety of images from in and around the dirt track. A mix of a lot of things, maybe overkill on the amount. lol. As always, C&C welcome.


1. Action from a head to head pit crew challenge.








2. Another shot from the pit crew challenge.








3. His name is Turbo, how fitting. lol








4. Looking head on.








5. A few panning shots.








6.








7.








8. Here the sun was on the top of the track leaving the bottom in shadows.








9. The view from the back of the pace truck.








10. More from the back of the pace truck.








11.








12.








13. His first ever win at the track.










Aug 27, 2012 at 02:06 PM
Jefferson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · In and around the dirt track


Pretty cool shots…the ones from the back of the pace truck is a great perspective…now if you could just get the truck to run in the race with you in it shooting….

Jefferson



Aug 27, 2012 at 02:27 PM
Marty Bingham
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · In and around the dirt track


Good stuff. Those are some of the best pan shots I've ever seen from a dirt track.

Marty



Aug 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM
lhryshko
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · In and around the dirt track


Great shots Scott. Which was scarier......shooting Turbo or hanging on to your gear in the back of the pace truck?


Aug 28, 2012 at 03:54 AM
Matt OHarver
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · In and around the dirt track


Good stuff, I can almost taste the dirt in my beer....


Aug 28, 2012 at 04:20 AM
corndog
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · In and around the dirt track


I'm not an aficionado of the sport, but these are some of the best dirt track shots I've seen. Great variety too. I'd probably ditch number seven from the set and the side shots often lend themselves to the 16:9 aspect ratio, but those are my only nits.


Aug 28, 2012 at 05:03 AM
Next39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · In and around the dirt track


Jefferson wrote:
Pretty cool shots…the ones from the back of the pace truck is a great perspective…now if you could just get the truck to run in the race with you in it shooting….

Jefferson


Thanks Jefferson! It was a fantastic perspective and the drivers had a lot of fun with me - waving, thumbs up, getting inches from the back bumper. Best seat in the house, although it was pretty rough. lol



Aug 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Next39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · In and around the dirt track


Marty Bingham wrote:
Good stuff. Those are some of the best pan shots I've ever seen from a dirt track.

Marty


Marty, that's a fabulous compliment. Thank you!



Aug 28, 2012 at 11:16 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Next39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · In and around the dirt track


lhryshko wrote:
Great shots Scott. Which was scarier......shooting Turbo or hanging on to your gear in the back of the pace truck?


Hey Larry. Turbo was actually super friendly. As soon as I saw him, I knew I had to take a shot. He was just a beautiful dog. As for shooting from the bed of the truck, I had strapped myself in so I could concentrate 100% on the cars the shots I wanted and not be concerned about falling out. lol It was pretty rough in the corners but fairly smooth on the straights.



Aug 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Next39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · In and around the dirt track


Matt OHarver wrote:
Good stuff, I can almost taste the dirt in my beer....


Thanks Matt.



corndog wrote:
I'm not an aficionado of the sport, but these are some of the best dirt track shots I've seen. Great variety too. I'd probably ditch number seven from the set and the side shots often lend themselves to the 16:9 aspect ratio, but those are my only nits.


Thank you, I appreciate the response and your thinking. Getting variety is important to me as shooting racing at a dirt track has a lot of limitations... although I could spend the entire night shooting candids in the pits, there's a ton of opportunities there.



Aug 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM
RoadconePhoto
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · In and around the dirt track


weird my friend has a dog EXACTLY like that named Turbo as well haha.

I'm going to have to take my buddy up on his offer for "box seats" at the local dirt track and see what i come up with. This set looked really cool! Thanks for sharing.



Aug 28, 2012 at 01:27 PM
Angry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · In and around the dirt track


Great work well done..

Love those pans...

Al



Aug 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM
basehorhonda
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · In and around the dirt track


Very nice work. Your panning shots were spot on. Loved them.


Aug 29, 2012 at 04:04 AM
Next39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · In and around the dirt track


RoadconePhoto wrote:
weird my friend has a dog EXACTLY like that named Turbo as well haha.

I'm going to have to take my buddy up on his offer for "box seats" at the local dirt track and see what i come up with. This set looked really cool! Thanks for sharing.


Really? What are the odds? lol I just loved Turbo. Such a handsome fellow.

If your friend has box seats available, I would definitely take him up on it. The track that I shoot at has suites and they are fabulous. If I weren't shooting, that's where I would want to be watching from.



Aug 29, 2012 at 01:33 PM
Next39
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · In and around the dirt track


Angry wrote:
Great work well done..

Love those pans...

Al




basehorhonda wrote:
Very nice work. Your panning shots were spot on. Loved them.



Thanks guys! I really appreciate the kind words!



Aug 29, 2012 at 01:34 PM





FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password