Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Suggestions for shooting on Oahu, Hawaii

james.d
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Suggestions for shooting on Oahu, Hawaii

I am going to Oahu for work and going out a few days earlier so I can spend time getting some great images. Hawaii, is not new to me, I have family there, but i am looking for some suggestions on getting some nice seascape, sunset and waterfall shots.

Also trying to get an idea of what lenses i should take with me. Tripod? I shoot with a Nikon D300 gripped or a Nikon D3, I have 70-200, 24-70, 14-24, 50mm 1.8, 18-200 and a Tamron 28-75. I was leaning to taking the D3, 70-200, 24-70 to use my filters and my 50mm for low light shooting. I like my wide 14-24 but don't have the means to use filters. I am pretty sure i will take my Tripod for those slow shutter shots of waterfalls and night photography.

I have a FStop Backpack which i will carry for those hikes to waterfalls.

Any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Aug 27, 2012 at 06:11 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #2 · Suggestions for shooting on Oahu, Hawaii

Go to Sunset Beach on the North Shore and take all the reach you have for surfers.

For waterfalls: Best of Oahu Waterfalls

Check out Anthony Calleja's page for ideas on seascapes:

Anthony Calleja

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM
james.d
• •
p.1 #3 · Suggestions for shooting on Oahu, Hawaii

Wobble - Thanks for the info. I do have a TC for my 70-200, so I can get a little more reach for those surfers. I appreciate the link to the waterfalls. I do plan to take some of those hikes.

Aug 27, 2012 at 05:08 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password